What is your Heavy Metal end time?

Options
Ducky
Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
I figured I'd put this poll up to see what end times people are going to be choosing for the mid-week ending PvP, traditionally a pain in people's behind.

I personally still haven't decided.

1st=First event ending time
5th=Last event ending time
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The second one is 4am for me (US EST), I'm getting ready for work at the third one, and at work for the last two. Ergo, first one.
  • Can you include times as well? I dunno which one I'm picking. I just look at the ending time which is 11 pm for me in my timezone, 4pm EST.
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IIRC, it's Tuesday 10pm, then Wed. 4am, 7am, 1pm, 4pm. I think. (All times US EST)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm very curious what's going to happen here. I went with the 1st slice, 10pm Tuesday is better than any time during the day (or middle of the night). This is actually the time I want across the board, so it'll be a good test for me to see if it's actually a good time, or I just think it is and 1am is really better.

I have a hunch that the time 4 slice with all the heavy hitters will shift, to the 1st, but maybe they're slaves to routine and will stay in the 4th slice.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    I didn't list times since they vary between time zones.
  • Definitely first. It's the only one I think I'd even be willing to consider. Anyone in the US with a regular 8-5 job is probably just about going to have to pick that one, except maybe people in the West.
  • I'm probably going with 4 or 5, as that is a relatively "normal" end time for me which isn't obscenely early or a shard I would be joining extremely late.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Went with Wednesday 4pm EST. It's a slow time at work so a good time for me to finish up the event.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a European, the standard ending time is fairly convenient this time around - 7PM. However, since the data guzzling in the latest verion has used up almost all my mobile surf data already, I'll be going with the 10 PM slot instead so I can get home and use the wi-fi...
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm using time five. I'm in Asia, so that's about 6 pm. Very convenient.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As a 2* that gets pummelled when I dare peak above the parapet, I'm having a little test in this one. Generally I can do my best climbing without getting walloped between 5-9am. So I'm going for a 3am finish. Climb up to just shy of 500 tonight, let the hits come in while I'm sleeping, then (in theory) climb up past 600 while all the Americans are sleeping soundly.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will use the poll results to see which is the most popular slices, then choose the least popular. I am in it for placement rewards, so no need for high pt matches, since I rarely get to 700 points. If I can get Top 25 with a score in the 600s, a few shields, and having to play at awkward times, I'm all for it.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I choose the first slice, thinking peep wouldn't want to end a pvp event with both lightning rounds and the end of a pve event releasing (groot and RR). but who knows, maybe there will be peeps with a glutton for punishment.
  • Wow 2nd person to poll 3rd slice. It's going to be dead in there. Maybe I need to reevaluate.
  • Since I'm looking for placement rather than high points, the 2nd or 3rd slice look attractive to me. They end at 1am pst and 4am pst so I can play, pop a 3hr shield and then go to sleep.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since I'm looking for placement rather than high points, the 2nd or 3rd slice look attractive to me. They end at 1am pst and 4am pst so I can play, pop a 3hr shield and then go to sleep.
    Yeah this is me too. I've been on the 1am pacific ending times (latest ones) so far and it's been pretty convenient as I can get in a full play session after the wife and kids all get to bed.
  • It's Heavy Metal... I'm a little bummed I couldn't choose 11.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Third slice for me - looking at the poll I am going to be lonely.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fifth slice for me.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I chose 3. Gives me 7 hours after Thick as Thieves ends, and 7 am EST is pretty inconvenient for the US folks.