Android 5.0 compensation

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I know you guys have the full stats so can probably help but off the top of my head I reckon the minimum "loss of earnings" per event works out about:

PvE = 10k iso
200hp
15x standard tokens
5x event tokens
1x *** character progression reward
3x ** character progression rewards

+ Event rewards
Covers, HP, iso
+ Alliance rewards

PvP = 2k iso
150hp
5x standard tokens
1x event token
Progression rewards

+ Event rewards
Covers, HP, iso
+ Alliance Rewards

+ PVP Season Rewards
X10 heroic token
Mega iso + hp

Its obviously very frustrating not to play anyway but falling behind in the rankings and losing out on the plunder available is just a kick in the nuts.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    only thing you've forgotten was the daily resupply
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When the game no longer supported anything before iOS7 many players including myself got locked out forever with no chance of a fix. Think yourself lucky a solution is being worked upon, in order to carry on playing I had to buy a whole new device.
  • Tyronepowers
    Options
    We have alliance commanders that have not been able to play in 2 events going on three. Having 2 people at 0 score does wonders for the season ranking.

This season has become quite a fiasco.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ran into this problem myself. With how early they were aware of the Android 5.0 problems, we shouldn't have gone this long without an issue. Maybe it will be resolved by Wednesday but luckily I have a tablet running 4.4.4 still.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    The situation also puts alliance commanders in a tough spot. I've got a member who, through no fault of his own, has put up 0's in two consecutive events, going on three. As a result, I may have to scramble for a replacement so that the rest of the alliance doesn't also suffer for his being locked out. Which means that at least one of my guys doesn't get the Thor cover, which isn't fair to him or to the alliance (since he's going to be with us long-term, any ill effect to his roster also affects everyone else).

Given how time sharding has played out so far and how badly the Lollipop issue has hurt people, I wouldn't mind it if we scrapped this season and just gave everyone a Thor cover. Heck, I wouldn't mind it if we scrapped the season and nobody got a Thor cover, but I imagine one of those is going to go over a whole lot better with the playerbase than the other.
  • Given how time sharding has played out so far and how badly the Lollipop issue has hurt people, I wouldn't mind it if we scrapped this season and just gave everyone a Thor cover. Heck, I wouldn't mind it if we scrapped the season and nobody got a Thor cover, but I imagine one of those is going to go over a whole lot better with the playerbase than the other.
    They could just replace the Thor cover with a heroic 10-pack or 2 and make the season end after the IM40 event. Start over with Season 8.1 after Thanksgiving.

However, scrapping the sharded end times doesn't actually fix the original issue that they were trying to fix. I don't mind them continuing the endeavor to fix the original issue (with the hopes that we get some compensation - either expanding the alliance season cover to lower ranks, or just hand out tokens like they did for the beta matchmaking). As a developer myself, I understand something looking good on paper, looking good in a test environment, and then having it fail completely when it scales up or when users decide to take the tool you've given them and do whatever the heck they want with it.

It's frustrating, but you can only design a tool, you can't predict how someone will use it.
  • HP is going to be a hard one to convince them to give out, since a lot of the HP that could be earned in the events missed might have gone right into Health Packs or shields.
  • Fievel wrote:
    HP is going to be a hard one to convince them to give out, since a lot of the HP that could be earned in the events missed might have gone right into Health Packs or shields.
    Cept there are people like me who haven't spent HP on anything other than roster slots and skill upgrades. Or maybe I'm unique...