Birthday gifts from D3

Options
wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So as it is my birthday today I was thinking it would be cool if D3 could use Facebook to see our birthdays and give us a special present. It does not have to be a big present X-force green would be nice. Too much, how about a 3* cover? Again probably too much, how about 100 HP as a birthday gift?

Regardless it might be too much coding and sharing with Facebook but I thought it would be a cool feature and a great personal touch if on our birthdays if the Dev's had an extra gift for that player. It might only be 100 ISO but it would be cool on the daily reward if it said happy birthday here is _______

I still would not turn down an Xforce green if the Dev's gave it too me. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They only give gifts on their birthday, anniversary week.
  • wymtime
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    It never hurts to ask.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A free roster slot would be nice! Then all of us that had birthdays in the last 6 months will complain... icon_razz.gif
  • Not everyone links their account on fb. So then they'll complain that mpq is forcing them to link to fb to access private information for a small reward.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    futongus wrote:
    Not everyone links their account on fb. So then they'll complain that mpq is forcing them to link to fb to access private information for a small reward.

This is what I thought of. People are going to be hesitant to link their FB's for event a "decent" reward.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Something I suggested a while back was to alter the fb sharing a bit. If a member of my alliance had a birthday, then the other 19 could send all the extra iso, covers, and tokens to them all day, instead of 3 random friends. This would not cost D3 anything at all, but would still give players a bit of a b-day gift.
  • Please up vote this post if you feel too many people are asking too many times for too many ways to get free stuff.

If I don't get alot of upvotes, then I will know it is just me and then apologize.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey, how frequently can you update your birthday on Facebook?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • wymtime
    Options
    Please up vote this post if you feel too many people are asking too many times for too many ways to get free stuff.

If I don't get alot of upvotes, then I will know it is just me and then apologize.
    Haggling over prices is the American way. As the OP I just thought it would be cool for the game to be able to say Happy Birthday, her is a little gift. It could be 20 ISO it could be a standard token. It is the thought that counts.

A lot of people on the forum (including myself) have expressed concern over the cost of roster slots with the influx of new characters. It is b comming an issue and we are raising or voices to the Devs to let them know how we feel. Most of the forum are fine with paying for roster slots, but it is becoming a big concern dropping 500-1000 HP 2-3 times a month on roster slots.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Please up vote this post if you feel too many people are asking too many times for too many ways to get free stuff.

Haggling over prices is the American way. As the OP I just thought it would be cool for the game to be able to say Happy Birthday, her is a little gift. It could be 20 ISO it could be a standard token. It is the thought that counts.

A lot of people on the forum (including myself) have expressed concern over the cost of roster slots with the influx of new characters. It is b comming an issue and we are raising or voices to the Devs to let them know how we feel. Most of the forum are fine with paying for roster slots, but it is becoming a big concern dropping 500-1000 HP 2-3 times a month on roster slots.

Actually, we in America are mostly trained to not haggle. I read a study (I will see if I can find it), that a majority of business owners in almost all countries expect to be haggled with, while Americans are more geared by society to not question a "sticker price". But anyway.....

I find it amusing that while your OP is about birthday gifts, you immediate shift gears into roster slots.

While the reason I posted to begin with was because of roster slots.

Alot of propositions about the roster slot problem have been to "cap" the prices.

But now we have on page 1 of the forums, threads asking for "Free Roster Spots", threads asking for free stuff because they were part of a BETA TEST that had BUGS (surprise...I guess), and then "Hey, can I have a free birthday present."

Page 2 of the forum actually has ANOTHER "Free Roster Spot" thread.

I am not saying that a "birthday gift" is a bad idea, or that it would not garner fan love. What I am saying, is that the post was a kind of straw that broke the camels back when it comes to a new trend of "Free Stuff Threads"

Especially when SOME ( remember I said SOME) threads about the 2*-3* transition pretty much boil down to "I want the stuff that the vets have without having to invest time and effort" which is just another type of "Free Stuff Thread"

All together, it adds up to what some would consider an annoyance. So, nothing personal, truly. It's just your post is another in a growing line of similar threads that CAN be tiresome, and I realize you did not mean it to be that way.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lukewin wrote:

They give an insubstantial low chance at a gift is what you should be saying.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tinykittybday_zps7e4b58c0.png

Happy Birthday wymtime!! in honor of your b-day, i promise not to hit you this pVp! Best Wishes!!゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v
  • I don't think Steam players have a way of connecting with Facebook. I'm not sure if MPQ knows about my birthday.