Whats your trick for LR?

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Just wondering how you go about in LRs, what team set up and what boosts do you use? and how do you place? icon_e_ugeek.gif

Comments

• Tank them, lose MMR, try for a high rating in normal rounds. Wait until I get a maxed team of Rag/Doom/Mag.
  • 115 rag and 85 classic storm then whatever LR must have hero...i don't play a ton though so i usually only place around the 100th. it gets too cutthroat and cuts into worktime.
  • I use my Doom and whatever other 3* villain I am made to and Wolverine/Thor. I use all my boosts.

Then I play my **** off for 90 minutes straight and think I have a chance for the Diabolical token, then I get hit for -90 points at the last second and receive a prize of 500 ISO.

I cuss, I cry, I scream and vow never to play this stupid game again.

Then I do it all over again a few hours later.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Then I do it all over again a few hours later.

This....oh this....
  • So just persistence until you get lucky and get something?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Im currently running a 85 wolvie / 85 widow / 15 villain team, and ive been placing well enough to get diabolical tokens. The trick is to rank your rating to a point where all youre facing is 1* teams, and grind up to ~350 while making sure that your rating didnt go up to a point where stronger teams can attack you. Mindlessly grinding up to 400+ will push your mmr up to a point where people will start attacking you, so play it safe and only grind to the bar of points needed for a diabolical, while slowly winning matches afterwards to ensure that youre keeping up with that.
  • Im currently running a 85 wolvie / 85 widow / 15 villain team, and ive been placing well enough to get diabolical tokens. The trick is to rank your rating to a point where all youre facing is 1* teams, and grind up to ~350 while making sure that your rating didnt go up to a point where stronger teams can attack you. Mindlessly grinding up to 400+ will push your mmr up to a point where people will start attacking you, so play it safe and only grind to the bar of points needed for a diabolical, while slowly winning matches afterwards to ensure that youre keeping up with that.

Will try that sometime. I just went to try for the Magneto one that's just finishing, and I can't even make 250 before I get dogpiled.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Just finished the mag tourney at 50th place, started to grind with 35 mins left. Got attacked only once.
  • Generally you have higher CHanges in LRs with unpopular villans,
    I would always tank Rags and Mags round unless you have a really good team icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • How many matches do you need to tank to sufficiently reduce your rating and make yourself a less attractive target for attack?

I've been grinding like crazy and it's gotten me some top 5 finishes in double shot/ widow challenge / etc... but I haven't found a way to crack top 25 in LR's. Get to about 300 then I get gangbanged right back down to 200.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    How many matches do you need to tank to sufficiently reduce your rating and make yourself a less attractive target for attack?

I've been grinding like crazy and it's gotten me some top 5 finishes in double shot/ widow challenge / etc... but I haven't found a way to crack top 25 in LR's. Get to about 300 then I get gangbanged right back down to 200.

What I've been trying out is starting the LR by grinding to 50-100 points, tank down to 20-50, and then play a game or 2 so that I have enough points to show up on peoples radars. At around the 45 min mark, I start playing the LR and trying to get up to rank 25-50. This worked the first 3-4 times, but after a while, I started noticing that I was getting matched up with higher level people extremely quickly. Based on this, I'm guessing that my MMR rose slowly, and that your best bet would be to alternate between 100% tanking a LR and tanking half the time, as I was doing.
  • No real trick here - I play with what I have. (Luck gave me only 7 Thor and 7 2*Wolvie covers, but 10 OBW covers, so my OBW is stupidly powerful compared to them - it's a good thing she tanks blue and purple anyway, or I'd be extra sadface.) So typically the buff dude, OBW, and Thor-or-Wolvie until my opponents award only 12-ish points (and I'm around 100+ pts by then), tank, play Assassin's Creed 4 for about an hour, return, grind up as high as I can go or whatever gets me the prize I'm looking for.

Since I'm in the 2* tier, I typically expect to get at least 50th, and if I'm diligent, I tend to have a decent shot at a 2* cover. Hopefully of someone I already have, since I have no roster space and LRs do not award HP AFAIK. icon_e_sad.gif