Token Change

JamieMadrox
JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
I know lots of people are getting frustrated with token pull rates, rotated out characters, etc so I came up with a solution that I think would work for just about everyone; including D3. So here it goes.

There are currently 7 star.png, 14 star.pngstar.png, 31 star.pngstar.pngstar.png, and 5 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters (including Rocket & Groot and Gamora). Using Heroic tokens as our baseline, you are about 7 times more likely to get a star.pngstar.png (12 @ 6.3%, 1 @ 4.2% or 2.1%/cover) character than you are a star.pngstar.pngstar.png (20 @ 0.9%) or star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (3 @ 1.0%) character. Also, star.pngstar.png characters make up about 80% of the total distribution. That said, here is my proposed change:

Standard Tokens: Give only star.png and star.pngstar.png covers.

Heroic Tokens: Give only star.pngstar.pngstar.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters that are NOT featured in the currently running PVP, PVE, and LIghtning Round events for each week.

PVE Tokens: Same as Heroic, but also give PVE featured character(s) of all rarities at an increased drop rate.

PVP tokens: Same as Heroic, but also give PVP featured character(s) of all rarities at increased drop rate.

LR Tokens: Same as Heroic, but also give LR featured character(s) of all rarities at increased drop rate.

This should ease the diminishing pull rate % for covers for a bit and allow for more room to grow for the devs without rotating out any characters. It may require some change to progression rewards as well, but overall I think it's a better solution.

Edit: I was going to get in to a long analysis of what I thought would be good for new drop rate % based on my proposal, but really nobody would care and it was too much work for me to bother since D3 would likely just use their own anyways.

Comments

• Something needs to change. This another system (along with ISO and reward covers) that is outdated. Tokens are not going to help me, but they will help newer and transitioning players. The more success they have, the more they'll stick around and encourage others to play. They more people that play, the healthier the game. The more likely the game will be around so I can keep playing.