De-level Option

ballingbees
ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
Suggesting an option to de-level, or level down a character.

In some instances, I really do not want my Hood to be tanking yellow for Thor, let's say. It would help to have an option to level down Hood until his tile strength is below the others. The penalty is that the Iso spent leveling him up will not be compensated.
Now with so much roster diversity and different synergies between characters, colour tanking is as much a required strategy when pairing characters. Having this option is alike the re-spec change, it gives the game more depth in terms of tactics.

Comments

• I think players should be able to de-level their characters and they should also get the spent Iso-8 back. The sell values are already ridiculously low. Not everything has to have a drawback. Incidentally, I requested from support to de-level 3 of my characters and they answered "there is no tool for this" which made me both sad and angry.
  • dont think this is a good idea. i mean think about it.
    everbody would change it before any fight.
    make `him´ tank this and `he´ will tank this now. after the battle he will switch again.
    therefor some ppl have a second character of i.e sentry or hood.
    so set one of them 553 o 355
    some chars you could set JUST 535 for example and the other you could do 553 or 355 (the hood) both skills have some good in it.
    so i dont think this would be good for the game and players so de-level chars
  • dont think this is a good idea. i mean think about it.
    everbody would change it before any fight.
    make `him´ tank this and `he´ will tank this now. after the battle he will switch again.
    therefor some ppl have a second character of i.e sentry or hood.
    so set one of them 553 o 355
    some chars you could set JUST 535 for example and the other you could do 553 or 355 (the hood) both skills have some good in it.
    so i dont think this would be good for the game and players so de-level chars
    People are already doing it. Some people have multiples of characters. Maybe you meant they won't need to have a second of them because they can de-level now?
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    KevinMark wrote:
    I requested from support to de-level 3 of my characters and they answered "there is no tool for this" which made me both sad and angry.

If a car is built without a reverse gear, it doesn't mean that it is not a good thing to have. If it can help improve gameglay, the developing team should really look to include this tool.

KevinMark wrote:
    I think players should be able to de-level their characters and they should also get the spent Iso-8 back.

However I prefer there to be a Iso penalty for using this tool. Without a penalty, a player will level up to compete in PVP, then level down to scale back PVE, then level up to compete in another PVP.. it leads to abuse. This tool should be meant to help a player take back a miscalculated move, not to abuse it for leverage.
  • However I prefer there to be a Iso penalty for using this tool. Without a penalty, a player will level up to compete in PVP, then level down to scale back PVE, then level up to compete in another PVP.. it leads to abuse. This tool should be meant to help a player take back a miscalculated move, not to abuse it for leverage.
    I think another solution would be just offer this feature once for each character, so that one couldn't abuse it or give half the Iso-8 back if necessary.
  • I do not think that deleveling for "free" would be an issue if you have to pay the full iso cost to level the character again.

Sure there could be players with the iso reserves to do it a few times but considering it costs 1000+/2000+ for leveling 2/3stars per level) it is not a long term strategy.
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I actually dig this idea. The concept seems right, and helps out also if you want to level up someone else (level down regains partial iso, level up requires full iso)