I think I deserve some mystique covers

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I posted this on Thursday sep 18 2014 at 12:59 pm although I misspelled her name (mystic) I believe that I had some influence in her release and powers. I strongly think that the devs we're working on her at this time too, so I fairly deserve her covers.

Nonce Equitaur 2 wrote:
Here are some results so far in the Facebook posting. Gambit is the runaway favorite.

196 Gambit
86 Cyclops
79 Nightcrawler
77 Carnage
71 Ghost Rider
71 Rogue
70 Jean Grey/Phoenix
69 Silver Surfer
65 Dr. Strange
58 Thanos
48 Cable
41 The Thing
41 Groot
40 Apocalypse
37 Rocket Raccoon
35 Moon Knight
34 Professor X
34 Ice Man
32 Mr. Fantastic
29 Sabretooth
29 Mystique
23 Starlord
23 Green Goblin
21 Emma Frost
20 Bishop
20 Iron Fist
18 Winter Soldier
16 Nova
16 Howard the Duck

As much as I love gambit I wish that they would focus more on marvel and less on x-men for a while, there are many other characters that would make a great addition to the game. Also more villains!!! there are some great ones out there like silver surfer, carnage, green goblin, abomination, Mephisto , black heart the list could go on.... And for a different game play they could make a character with no abilities only one that steals them like mystic, morph, apocalyptse, they can take the form of any character on the match and use their ability or steal the ability already on the board like sentry's world rupture. I would pay for a character like that.

Comments

• OneenO
    OneenO Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Uhhhh.......No!

I dont think you "influenced" the devs with that comment.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I upvoted you cos you nearly make me choked on this one.. Lmfao.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I think that, when they release The Thing as a character, he should have a skill that does a lot of damage called Clobbering Time. That's my idea, I thought of it, there's no way it would have happened if I hadn't posted this, because it's that original, and in no way the blindingly obvious thing to do for the character.

Along the same lines:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAYDiPizDIs
  • Gambit should have an attack that involves a bo or throwing cards
    Cyclops should have an attack called "Optic Blast" and shoots red lasers out of his eyes
    Nightcrawler should have a teleportation-involved skill

I called it. These are my original ideas that Demiurge can't use without my explicit written consent. If so, Demiurge owes me 13 fully-covered characters upon release. All ideas copyright© 2014©© JessyC01©®™ all rights reserved®™®™®™©©©.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have Mystique trunks. I usually wear them on tuesdays.
    They are purple and black, so I think that qualifies me to receive a cover of each of those colours.
    Oh, I think I also deserve an additional Hulk cover for the purple underwear reference!
  • Teno1 wrote:
    I posted this on Thursday sep 18 2014 at 12:59 pm although I misspelled her name (mystic) I believe that I had some influence in her release and powers. I strongly think that the devs we're working on her at this time too, so I fairly deserve her covers.

As much as I love gambit I wish that they would focus more on marvel and less on x-men for a while, there are many other characters that would make a great addition to the game. Also more villains!!! there are some great ones out there like silver surfer, carnage, green goblin, abomination, Mephisto , black heart the list could go on.... And for a different game play they could make a character with no abilities only one that steals them like mystic, morph, apocalyptse, they can take the form of any character on the match and use their ability or steal the ability already on the board like sentry's world rupture. I would pay for a character like that.

Well... get to paying...
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt, and assume that this is a joke thread. But on the off chance that this person is actually serious. I'd like to point out that it can take months of planning, design, approval, programming, and implementation to release a character. Which means that when the original post was made in Sept., Mysty was mostly done, designed, approved, and on the way.

(this based on other games, not necessarily MPQ, not sure how much time they spend from concept to release, but if like other game companies, it takes a while. especially when certain people don't approve, so the character needs to be scrapped and restarted from scratch)
  • spydoorman
    Options
    Incorrect! They should all have tru-healing based abilities.

12 purple- Optic Burst-Cyclops unleashes a quick optic blast on his team. The Amber light soothes the nerves and lightens his teams spirits leading to a temporary burst of 666 health.

7 blue- Diplomatic approach-Ben Grimm calls a time out, and buys all teammates a brew at the Yancy St. Pub, granting a burst of 420 health.

Called it.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    Wow. MOQ is the last place that I ever thought I'd see Patent Trolling.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This does make me wonder if there's any bonus given to people who make a suggestion in the "Which marvel character would you like to see" thread who actually gets their idea used.

I'm stil hoping one day Rescue shows up (though I reckon she'd end up as 2* Iron Man, which would be a shame). If they utilised my suggestions, I'd be over the moon just to see her in the game. Would be interesting if people who made a suggestion got, say, one of each cover or something but really D3 are under no obligation to do anything in that respect.

Hell, the thread is probably a bad idea, since if D3 does use anyone's idea they might end up with a long argument of plagerism, profitting on someone's idea and so on.
  • spydoorman wrote:

12 purple- Optic Burst-Cyclops unleashes a quick optic blast on his team. The Amber light soothes the nerves and lightens his teams spirits leading to a temporary burst of 666 health.

7 blue- Diplomatic approach-Ben Grimm calls a time out, and buys all teammates a brew at the Yancy St. Pub, granting a burst of 420 health.

Called it.
    Today I learned that Cyclops is the devil in disguise.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It took me a minute to realize what the fellow was talking about.

Then his comment has nothing to do with Mystique's power. She doesn't steal anyone's powers, she takes their shape (just like the original character in the comics owned by Marvel) and then steals an AP or two (stealing AP is already in use by other characters in the MPQ game), she changes tile colors (already a power in use by other characters in the MPQ game) and then damages the team with a special attack (many characters damage the opponent with a special attack in the MPQ game). All of these particular powers are specific to her character and do not change depending on who she is facing. Your "original" idea was her character stealing the opponents attack, and she did not do that.

Even if they did do that and even if that was her power as dictated by her Marvel owned character bio, the character(s) which you mentioned and reference the powers of are already properties of Marvel, created by employees of Marvel, and you know of them because they already exist.

How about that wheel? They should take that wheel and put it on stuff, like a piece of wood, or shoes, or a metal frame, maybe even figure a way of making it move without having to push it yourself...
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best Thread 2014 Of All Years
  • Come on guys stop busting my balls I just want some free covers because when the pve finished I was sleeping and lost by rubber banding and all the 50 heroic tokens that I opened gave me moonstones
  • onimus wrote:
    spydoorman wrote:

Called it.
    Today I learned that Cyclops is the devil in disguise.

If the devs use this I will support you 101%
  • I am going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt, and assume that this is a joke thread. But on the off chance that this person is actually serious. I'd like to point out that it can take months of planning, design, approval, programming, and implementation to release a character. Which means that when the original post was made in Sept., Mysty was mostly done, designed, approved, and on the way.

(this based on other games, not necessarily MPQ, not sure how much time they spend from concept to release, but if like other game companies, it takes a while. especially when certain people don't approve, so the character needs to be scrapped and restarted from scratch)

Are you serious!!!? I seriously doubt that lazy characters and beast took months to create.
  • I upvoted you cos you nearly make me choked on this one.. Lmfao.. icon_e_biggrin.gif

icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Mahabone wrote:
    Teno1 wrote:

Well... get to paying...

I did, now I'm waiting on my hp refund:)
  • If they release Gambit I call dibs. I am influencing them by this comment... Sorry people, it's what it is!
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I think I deserve <absolutely nothing>. Because I saw these three girls and then thought it should happen.

Please use common sense about what is appropriate in the realm of hyperbole and good taste. -Riggy