How to solve the NEW HERO INFLUX

turul
turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
So a lot of transitioning players are unhappy of too fast character releases.
But as a veteran, i am happy for variety.

A good help would be to transitioning, and probably every player, if you would offer multiple chances for a token cover.

When opening a token, a player should be able to select 1 from 3 "randomly pulled" tokens.

A more crazy idea would be, that the described options would be a pull of a slot machine, operated by Deadpool, so now we have a metagame for Deadpool, even if its not the maze thingie icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

A good help would be to transitioning, and probably every player, if you would offer multiple chances for a token cover.

When opening a token, a player should be able to select 1 from 3 "randomly pulled" tokens.

A more crazy idea would be, that the described options would be a pull of a slot machine, operated by Deadpool, so now we have a metagame for Deadpool, even if its not the maze thingie icon_e_smile.gif

But that would increase the probability of people getting characters that they want and lower the amount of packs they need to open, and as Albert Reed said in that blog post, people love opening as many packs as possible!
  • At this point it is becoming to hard to get the tokens you need in Random pulls due to the number of characters. We need other method either combine tokens we don't need for an additional chance at tokens, or add in slot machines or some other device to get tokens.

Also Crystal should be more plentiful but that is a different complaint.
  • turul wrote:

But that would increase the probability of people getting characters that they want and lower the amount of packs they need to open, and as Albert Reed said in that blog post, people love opening as many packs as possible!

How many characters are there now? There are plenty of packs to be opened. Also, people may love opening packs, but I would venture they love doing well playing the game more so.
  • How about not so many heroes? or new heroes on a non pve format?
    I dont why so many, not everyone has enough iso to get them high
    And honestly? I dont even liked some of those, Doc Oct? Mystique? Beast? She Hulk?
    all quantity and not exactly that much quality, I did liked Blade, Deadpool but most are kind of lame, ppl still plays with Hood, LThor, Hulk, and so on
    a lot of ppl rushes and even pays money to get them 166 but i have yet to see one of those aside his event
    I have a full roster and every slot is 750hp, and you can't even throw them all because an Heroic will force you to use the most **** ones for sure
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    What about a generic blackflag.png, blueflag.png, greenflag.png, purpleflag.png, redflag.png, or yellowflag.png token. Or a vault token. Honestly, they shouldn't have begun vaulting characters without a generic 3* token of some sort to continue to advance those characters.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about an actual winnable gauntlet for 2* -> 3* transitioning players that can be run once a month and awards the old batch of 3*s such as Punisher, IM40, GSBW, etc. ?
  • I'm having this same discussion with a friend right now. To him, more characters means fewer chances to get the ones he wants.

For me, it's a chance to get something, what with every PVP being for characters I've maxed.

But he's right. I mean, our new characters just languish in the backs of our rosters. How long before we see Deadpool, Blade, Doc Ock, or Mystique? Mystique, probably 2015.

They could run multiple events, so many that you couldn't win them all. Like, a PVP, a PVE, and a Gauntlet, each with vastly different rewards. Like, something winnable, if you put in the effort. But at least something you can choose.

Right now, my friend has a choice: work towards a new character he won't be able to use, with the added bonus of a progression reward he's pulled from tokens five times in two months (!) or just play for ISO.

Me, I don't need that Deadpool. He'd be sixth in line for ISO if I did get more covers.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm having this same discussion with a friend right now. To him, more characters means fewer chances to get the ones he wants.

For me, it's a chance to get something, what with every PVP being for characters I've maxed.

But he's right. I mean, our new characters just languish in the backs of our rosters. How long before we see Deadpool, Blade, Doc Ock, or Mystique? Mystique, probably 2015.

They could run multiple events, so many that you couldn't win them all. Like, a PVP, a PVE, and a Gauntlet, each with vastly different rewards. Like, something winnable, if you put in the effort. But at least something you can choose.

Right now, my friend has a choice: work towards a new character he won't be able to use, with the added bonus of a progression reward he's pulled from tokens five times in two months (!) or just play for ISO.

Me, I don't need that Deadpool. He'd be sixth in line for ISO if I did get more covers.

I'm starting to hit that wall myself. With the upcoming GSBW PvP after Hulk, that will be 3 PvP events in a row that I don't care about the rewards. I'm hoping that GSBW will be the one for Groot, but since this PvE releasing him is going for a whole week (why?), I'm not holding my breath.

Honestly, the logical options to fix this problem are the following:
    1: Divide characters up into 2-3 groups, and let players pick which collection they want to draw from.
    2: Self determined vaulting, default's to developer choice, but let us rotate which (x) number of characters are not able to be pulled.
    3: Repeat character rewards MORE often (4-5 times per month), rotating color rewards each time. (This might require running even more multiple events at the same time to be practical.)
    4: New bracketing that groups players based on both rosters & prior performance. 2* transitioning players SHOULD NOT be bracketed with players with 3 or more 3* characters. Perhaps keeping track of EARNED 3* covers, and grouping players based on that?

• But that would increase the probability of people getting characters that they want and lower the amount of packs they need to open, and as Albert Reed said in that blog post, people love opening as many packs as possible!

How many characters are there now? There are plenty of packs to be opened. Also, people may love opening packs, but I would venture they love doing well playing the game more so.
    I thought NP was being sarcastic. If people like opening packs, it's because they don't know how low the odds of drawing a 3* or higher rarity cover from any of them.
  • Dual reward events would go a long way to helping people get covers they need. Give the players a choice between two characters for rewards. Much better than waiting a month and a half till the covers for the character you want roll back around, only need to wait ~3 Weeks or so.