How many alliances have you seen go down due to "updates"?

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
It all starts with a basic question, i'm not going to make a list of the downsides of the game because anyone veteran enough knows it
But i'm curious about how many alliance you have been part off that started well and were dismantled by tired players?

UncannyMUGs, the alliance i'm the leader of (For the moment), was an alliance formed the same day alliances were created, by that time in which you could even be top 100 with an expanding group of 9-10 players
We were top 50-60 on all seasons, in aniversary as well, but right now its hard to replace 5-6 tired players, can't even get a team doing 700 for a simple top 100, we are 16 and top 150 as much

Not that i blame anyone, D3 has a tendency like all games of this style, it presents you 2-3 top tier players and when you run to max them they will probably apply "funbalancing", so building a 166 to get nerf it isnt easy to compensate, and even harder if you go to do it by pairs now, so i understand any player dropping

So going back to the question, and while i ponder what to do lol, how many alliances are you not seeing around anymore? and what do you think ut influence that?

Comments

• I think that's why they should only count the top 17 player scores each event and drop players' two lowest scores when calculating season scores. This way ppl can have life happen during the season and they don't have to burn themselves out trying to keep up on mpq as well.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think that now its fair game for more folks to create alliances of their own. I would say its good from the perspective that new relationships can now be formed where before you had to pretty much do what the guys who bought the slots wanted. There is more turnover, and after 7 seasons it should be expected. The pace of the game is not slowing. It makes more sense at this point for alliances to merge and become part of larger teams. A lot of alliances are starting to go that route so that you can have folks step in when needed or transition downward if need a break. When your alliance only has 20 people (or less) every person is that more critical. There are some very good options for people to communicate among various alliances if their commanders would be willing to do so. Other than that I think a strong and positive forum presence is the only way to keep your name recognition high enough for recruitment.