Question about event end times

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I picked my event end time (I chose the standard ending time of 1am EST Friday night/Saturday morning.

And It just became active 18 minutes ago.

I haven't done a match or anything, but I'm already placed in a bracket.

Was this intended? I typically don't start until 20 hours before the end of PVP. That way I avoid the 2500 point titans that start the second the PVP is available.

As it stands now, I may as well just play, yea? I mean, if there is no longer seeding advantages to waiting, I don't see why I wouldn't just take my time and ease my way up the boards, rather than hit 1400 in 18 hours.

Am I getting this right?

Comments

• Choosing an end time puts you in your bracket now. They have to put you with other people that chose the same end time, and bracketing was probably the easiest way. Weather or not this is intended is unclear, but it's how it works. There is no advantage to waiting (for you) now, but it is something to consider in the future. You can choose your end time (standard or otherwise) with 20 hours to go on the clock still, if that's what you want to do.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    The interesting thing to me is whether sharting will still be in effect. Seems to me that random placement into brackets based on end times is much, much more fair than what we had started seeing (11 top guys in a bracket so T10 is 1300+ vs 0 top rosters and ~500 gets you T5).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    this will now be interesting?