Can we get a Ms/Captain Marvel update?

Hulk11
Hulk11 Posts: 435
I'd like to see a change for this character, seems the artwork it just a bit off. This is probably a longshot to get changed, but it looks like a rush job for a pretty important character. Now Mystique just came out and that's about spot on, not perfect but close. Just something a little closer to the comic art, this is too far off to even be recognizable. Anyone else?

Comments

• GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    So seriously, did everyone want Ms. Marvel in the game because they think she's hot? I have no problem with her art. I like her powerset and I like her strong and confident Roster image. Is it really all about her in-match grimace or were we all just hoping for another Moonstone.

So please, be more specific. What exactly do you like about Mystique? What exactly don't you like about Ms. Marvel. Feel free to use a laser pointer if you need to.
  • Hulk11
    edited November 2014
    How to I delete this post?, accidentally made two.
  • Hulk11
    edited November 2014
    So seriously, did everyone want Ms. Marvel in the game because they think she's hot? I have no problem with her art. I like her powerset and I like her strong and confident Roster image. Is it really all about her in-match grimace or were we all just hoping for another Moonstone.

So please, be more specific. What exactly do you like about Mystique? What exactly don't you like about Ms. Marvel. Feel free to use a laser pointer if you need to.

No. Personally, I felt the artwork in the comics make her to be a strong character, this version is too far off and to me makes her look weak. That's me, and to you it makes her seem stronger. Granted I don't know why they did that, and I also don't know a lot of info on this character as to why they went with such a change. As far as Mystique, I don't see a lot of character-image changes compared to previous artwork, but yeah that smirks or grimaces on these two do feel off a bit. Outside of that, like for her powers (Mystiques) it's cool she holds the guns and a knife, it's aggressive enough and it seems appropriate. Going back to Ms Marvel, everything just says weak to me, it almost appears she's even hunchbacked. The main image does show her posture as standing straight up, that's one positive, the others show her hunched and almost out of breath or something, that grimace image I believe. The animations are ok, nothing great, I'm just mentioning her general artwork.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Hulk11 wrote:

No. Personally, I felt the artwork in the comics make her to be a strong character, this version is too far off and to me makes her look weak. That's me, and to you it makes her seem stronger. Granted I don't know why they did that, and I also don't know a lot of info on this character as to why they went with such a change. As far as Mystique, I don't see a lot of character-image changes compared to previous artwork, but yeah that smirks or grimaces on these two do feel off a bit. Outside of that, like for her powers (Mystiques) it's cool she holds the guns and a knife, it's aggressive enough and it seems appropriate. Going back to Ms Marvel, everything just says weak to me, it almost appears she's even hunchbacked. The animations are ok, nothing great, I'm just mentioning her general artwork.

Ok. Yeah, I guess we just disagree on that, but that's cool. Sorry, I've heard so much hate for her art that I got a bit defensive about it based on other comments. On the other hand, I do have some issues with Mystique, which I've already treaded on another thread. So, I'll just leave it be.
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 wrote:

No. Personally, I felt the artwork in the comics make her to be a strong character, this version is too far off and to me makes her look weak. That's me, and to you it makes her seem stronger. Granted I don't know why they did that, and I also don't know a lot of info on this character as to why they went with such a change. As far as Mystique, I don't see a lot of character-image changes compared to previous artwork, but yeah that smirks or grimaces on these two do feel off a bit. Outside of that, like for her powers (Mystiques) it's cool she holds the guns and a knife, it's aggressive enough and it seems appropriate. Going back to Ms Marvel, everything just says weak to me, it almost appears she's even hunchbacked. The animations are ok, nothing great, I'm just mentioning her general artwork.

Ok. Yeah, I guess we just disagree on that, but that's cool. Sorry, I've heard so much hate for her art that I got a bit defensive about it based on other comments. On the other hand, I do have some issues with Mystique, which I've already treaded on another thread. So, I'll just leave it be.

You mean her artwork or powers? I'm not 100% on Mystique, I guess they are two recent characters so I'm kind of comparing, but in comparison Mystique does seem a bit more polished I guess. But you can say what you want about her, I guess I'm curious.