Team Up Revamp

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
ok so i have a feeling that this has been brought up in the past, but with the recent announcement of Groot, Rocket and Gamora, i think it's a bigger call for the Team Up to change.

What i'm been thinking, and as i said i'm pretty sure it's been suggested in the past, use the Team up as a special ability with combinations of characters,

for e.g. if you form a team of G+R and Gamora then you get a special ability X which uses Team Up AP.

likewise if you group X-Men together or the Avengers together

at least this would help influence people trying different combinations to make the most out of their roster

Comments

• I wouldn't mind the TU ability your team had (the ONE ability) being derived from the choice of 3 characters you brought. Alternately I feel you could just pick one ability for a character, or even have 4th abilities that are used when a character is called in to Team-Up, and have you select your own TU off your roster. Why do I have to TU with an alliance mates OBW, why can't I just TU my own OBW? This would also add benefit to keeping old heroes around who can't really hack it on the field anymore, like 2*s once you are in 3* land.

Pretty much, I feel like Team Ups were shoe horned in to justify the existence of alliances beyond "bonus cover top 100". Having to ask your alliance for TUs is pretty stupid, and with the drop rate change, no one person can farm all the TU they want to use, unless they ignore the feature in which case they are artificially handicapping themselves.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree with Lerysh....when they originally came out, I thought it was going to be you could choose who you wanted and what skill to bring as a Team Up. I'd rather choose my 2 star.png powers and powers for characters that will never see the iso ever aka icon_beast.png. I would actually use my own icon_beast.png as a Team Up, but never as an actual member on my team.