Rocket and Groot Incoming!

Options
scottee
scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
New charactier + episode?!

EDIT:
Looks like yellow passive, and green & blue actives.

Gamora incoming as well. (green/red/black)

Rocket and Groot available in Thick as Thieves starting Nov 19. Then a "Meet Rocket and Groot" event starting Nov 26. Then "Meet Rocket and Groot" will run AGAIN, back to back, to premiere Gamora.

Oh God, I can't read/type fast enough. Lady Thor prize in 1st Meet Rocket and Groot!!!

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/23693/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_rocket_groot

Comments

• And Gamora.

Sounds...interesting. They sound interesting. I'd have to see the layout of the specs, but Gamora sounds pretty generic.
  • So the onslaught of new characters starts again... I'm absolutely sick and tired of the non stop new character introductions.

Guess I'll sell off my Mystique when the Rocket & Groot event hits, than sell of the Rocket & Groot when the Gamora event hits... There's no way in hell i'm expanding my roster for more new characters that'll stay undercovered and useless for 4-5 month at least.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So the onslaught of new characters starts again... I'm absolutely sick and tired of the non stop new character introductions.

Guess I'll sell off my Mystique when the Rocket & Groot event hits, than sell of the Rocket & Groot when the Gamora event hits... There's no way in hell i'm expanding my roster for more new characters that'll stay undercovered and useless for 4-5 month at least.

Sharing the same sentiment. For the first 9 or more months I was dying for new characters, and original ones, not just lazy versions of existing ones, but I have fatigue now. I don't think I'll be doing the PvE cycle every 2.5 hours and fight tooth and nail for days on end while trying to do PvP to get some new covers I'll never have the ISO to put into.

I've appreciated some of the last few new adds, they show some thought behind them, but I have a job, and like to sleep, and am starting to find the new charecter releases infringing on other things I like to do in life.

It's pretty fun to battle it out for a new release once in a while, but being glued to my phone for days on end for the new charecter release every week is old. I wish I could have the time in my life back I wasted grinding for Doc Oc or Beast. I will probably settle for whatever the top 150 cover is and move on with life.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Both new characters sound pretty useful which is nice, as long as they don't add more than 2 characters per month I think that is a pretty fair balance, although I would still be more excited that they fix existing characters with glaring issues first like 3* iron man.
  • What this tells me is that in-game, a walking tree and a raccoon should be able to beat up the Invisible Woman with no real issues. That's so sad.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please devs for the love of god lower the costs for new roster slots.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It’s actually kind of a three for one deal, as Rocket and Groot are also getting their very own Episode in which to shine!

Finally a new story!
  • It is curious how MPQ keeps getting scooped on their forum by forumites...lol.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is curious how MPQ keeps getting scooped on their forum by forumites...lol.
    Yeah. Not being able to schedule forum posts like you can blog posts sucks.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Wow. I missed out on Dr. Octopus, got Devil Dinosaur, and no one since. I was already out of HP. I'm five characters behind, and now there's two more (counting R&G as only one) incoming.

There's no way I'm getting back in without huge infusions of time and money.
  • So the onslaught of new characters starts again... I'm absolutely sick and tired of the non stop new character introductions.

This doesn't make any sense. If you're not concerned with holding onto the new characters then what's the point of competing so hard to get them?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is curious how MPQ keeps getting scooped on their forum by forumites...lol.
    Yeah. Not being able to schedule forum posts like you can blog posts sucks.

I saw the blog post on Facebook, if that says anything.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    adamLmpq wrote:

This doesn't make any sense. If you're not concerned with holding onto the new characters then what's the point of competing so hard to get them?

Here's how it makes sense: released characters become required characters in high-point PvE rounds and buffed in PvP. If you don't keep them, you relinquish the ability to get upper prizes in future contests. There's no rest for the recents.
  • I can't merge these threads and still keep David's post at the top. =/ Locking in favor of the official post.
This discussion has been closed.