True PVE Mode

OK. I have been playing this game for ~190 days now. As much as I enjoy playing and beating enemies with my character combos, I feel like the game could use some more stuff.

I was thinking of a new pure PVE mode where there are no ranks at all. I know about The Gauntlet, but bare with me and you will see that this is not the same idea. I called it "True PVE Mode" because I had a brain fart and I really can't find a better name at the moment.

The idea is to have 3 permanent new windows in our PVE tab. These 3 windows will each represent a kind of "Dungeon" for us to go in and farm nodes of teams for certain rewards.

General description of "Dungeons":
Dungeons have nodes with various enemies for the user to farm. Each node has a specific set of rewards that can drop by chance (Kind of like the 4 rewards they give now but repeatable). Progression rewards can be implemented, but the main idea is to grind nodes for the chance to get rewards and not just get the top progression reward.

Rules:
- Dungeons unlock only when you finish the full story.
- Dungeons are permanent and they do not have a time frame (Just like story mode)
- Each dungeon has a specific set of nodes.
- Difficulty within one dungeon never changes.
- The 3 dungeons have different starting difficulties.
- Nodes refresh every 6-8 hours with new enemies (Nothing else changes).
- No rubber band or scaling based on your roster is applied.
- Enemy levels are the same for everyone.
- Dungeon 1 - Only 1* chars allowed.
- Dungeon 2 - Only 2* chars allowed.
- Dungeon 3 - Only 3*+ chars allowed.
- Each node has different rewards coherent to its difficulty.
- Depending on the dungeon and the node, rewards can go from ISO to 4* covers.
- Rewards drop endlessly.
- Rewards drop by chance.
- Colors represent drop chance: Green - Common, Orange - Rare, Red - Super Rare

Dungeon 1 Rewards:
Nodes 1-3 (Easy): 100 ISO, 200 ISO, 500 ISO, 1000 ISO
Nodes 4-9 (Difficult): 100 ISO, 200 ISO, 500 ISO, 1* Random Char , 1000 ISO, 2* Random Char
Nodes 10-15 (Hard): 100 ISO, 200 ISO, 500 ISO, 1* Random Char , 1000 ISO, 2* Random Char, 25 HP

Dungeon 2 Rewards:
Nodes 1-3 (Easy): 200 ISO, 500 ISO, 1000 ISO, 2000 ISO
Nodes 4-9 (Difficult): 200 ISO, 500 ISO, 1000 ISO, 2000 ISO, 2* Random Char, 25 HP
Nodes 10-15 (Hard): 200 ISO, 500 ISO, 1000 ISO, 2000 ISO, 2* Random Char, 25 HP, 3* Random Reward, 50 HP

Dungeon 3 Rewards:
Nodes 1-3 (Easy): 500 ISO, 1000 ISO, 2000 ISO, 5000 ISO
Nodes 4-9 (Difficult): 500 ISO, 1000 ISO, 2000 ISO, 5000 ISO, 3* Random Reward, 25 HP
Nodes 10-15 (Hard): 500 ISO, 1000 ISO, 2000 ISO, 5000 ISO, 3* Random Reward, 50 HP, 100 HP, 4* Random Cover

This PVE can be there at any case and will keep people playing and testing characters that they do not during the live events. I think it will be an awesome addition for those that are not into competing against each other or do not have the time to keep up with alliances. Also it will give the endless grinding a partner, which is rewards!

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

EDIT: Some clarifications to avoid misunderstanding.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the dungeon idea, and I would suggest a couple of tweeks.

#1 don't limit rosters. With how much roster slots cost makeing dungeon one have to use 1* characters only would be brutal (you know how much the forum likes heroics). Many people would have to open roster slots to add an additional 1* character just to play. You have an awsome idea of makeing each node harder after you complete it so you will have scaling based on individual rosters so you don't need to limit rosters.

#2 you don't need to refresh the nodes if after each pass it goes to the next difficulty level. you are playing for the grind and rewards so no need to refresh unless you have competitive placement, and I don't think that is what you are actually looking for.

#3 6-8 hours refresh with new enemies is a little fast. In order to complete all the nodes to max out rewards you are looking at 200+ matches in 6-8 hours? I think loading time would be difficult for the servers to add the random matches. My recomendation would be just run it in 4 days. If you want to refresh like simulator you could run it for 6 days with a sway of nodes after day 3. If you are thinking about the Dungeon being something that will repace the prologue as an offline mode, or a constant refresh of rewards to gring I would then say it should refresh with new nodes weekly and it can be a weekly challenge.

Great idea
  • wymtime wrote:
    I like the dungeon idea, and I would suggest a couple of tweeks.

#1 don't limit rosters. With how much roster slots cost makeing dungeon one have to use 1* characters only would be brutal (you know how much the forum likes heroics). Many people would have to open roster slots to add an additional 1* character just to play. You have an awsome idea of makeing each node harder after you complete it so you will have scaling based on individual rosters so you don't need to limit rosters.

#2 you don't need to refresh the nodes if after each pass it goes to the next difficulty level. you are playing for the grind and rewards so no need to refresh unless you have competitive placement, and I don't think that is what you are actually looking for.

#3 6-8 hours refresh with new enemies is a little fast. In order to complete all the nodes to max out rewards you are looking at 200+ matches in 6-8 hours? I think loading time would be difficult for the servers to add the random matches. My recomendation would be just run it in 4 days. If you want to refresh like simulator you could run it for 6 days with a sway of nodes after day 3. If you are thinking about the Dungeon being something that will repace the prologue as an offline mode, or a constant refresh of rewards to gring I would then say it should refresh with new nodes weekly and it can be a weekly challenge.

Great idea

Thanks for your comments. I wanted to clarify that node rewards are repeatable and difficulty does not increase when you beat it. It's the same difficulty over and over again. You just beat it for a chance at the rewards. Refreshing is there so that enemies recycle and you beat different pairs instead of same old same old all the time. The event does not have a time frame. It is permanent and you can farm it non stop like the Story Mode.

The limited roster is there to prevent very strong chars entering weak events and farming it very fast. That will make the Dungeon 1 better at farming than Dungeon 2 because the speed of beating it will net you more rewards than just beating Dungeon 2 nodes.
  • I'm sure most players would love to have something like this but I can't see it ever happening. The devs want/need to have some kind of control over the pace of progression to make the f2p thing work. A mode like this would give that control.

Sounds like it would be fun, though.
  • Even if they make the drop rates of the node rewards the same as tokens, at least people will feel good knowing that if they beat a node they have a chance at certain rewards.

It's better to beat enemies knowing that they can drop something awesome at a rare occasion rather than beating nodes for 20 ISO.