Known Issue: Update To R65 For Alliance Chat

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
Hi all,

The R65 update should begin rolling out today. There is a known issue involving Alliance Chat.

Due to an encryption upgrade - players running R64 need to update to R65 in order to chat with their fellow Alliance members.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi David,
    I don't know if it's one of the problems you know about but on android every time I restart the app the chat is completely wiped.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dazstoke78 wrote:
    Hi David,
    I don't know if it's one of the problems you know about but on android every time I restart the app the chat is completely wiped.

Ditto on Steam. If I close the game and reload, all chat history is gone.
  • Same here. Chat is wiped clean on exit
    icon_cry.gif
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Already posted on the other thread but reposting again here to report the same issue. Nexus 5 on Android 4.4.4.
  • Me too.

Android 4.4.4 on Moto G.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No alliance chat here either.
    HTC One M7
    Android 4.4.2
  • Agreed. I know my Android updated yesterday but I can't see any Alliance chat at all.
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Same issue here on steam.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have updated to R65 and the issue is ongoing.

For some reason LR are not opening on time. When the game allows me to enter they are at least 20 minutes in.

And Alliance chat is wiping every time I exit and re-enter the game.

Something is definitely going on.
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    I have a steam R65.
    And every time I run the game I see a wiped clean chat.
    R65 doesn't help!
  • Great! When leaderboards are fixed, chat goes buggy. I really want the alliance chat to be fixed. I'm only seeing 5/20 members, and we're pretty active on chat.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As above. Android, updated to R65, still can't see alliance chat. Wuzzup wit' that? Or something similar.
  • As above... playing on steam, fully updated and chat is wiping when the game is closed and re-opened.

I verified the game chache as well just in case... no change.
  • Orangecrush
    Options
    Chat wipes on exit here too. Jelly bean, moto X 2013.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now chat is just blank. No messages from anybody - even what I post just vanishes into the ether. This hamstrung our ability to coordinate late in the Spider-Man PvP, which I admit I'm bitter about since it cost me a fifth Hulk blackflag.png. R65, Android 4.4.4.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alliance chat seemed okay for me (Moon Roach (Android) could see Wolveroach's chats (Steam) and vice versa). I even got a reply from one of the alliance. This morning, the chat area is blank and nothing shows up in the other account's chat. Most strange.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awesome; a patch for MPQ got pushed on Steam and now the chat is broken, when it had been working fine before.

So; I assume that whatever patch was supposed to go live to fix this issue actually managed to really break it this time?
  • Demiurge_Kevin
    Demiurge_Kevin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If you happened to be in an Alliance chat channel with only Android and PC players, you were probably able to chat successfully. It was only if iOS players joined the channel that it would break. However, after this update, Android and PC players will lose their chat history. When everybody is synched up to the new build, things should work across the board.