Tie 20 ISO consolation prize with PvE scaling

So yeah, 20 iso8.png when facing down level 30 opponents with your 3x166 team is understandable. But when you're beating 3x330+ enemies with that same team, it's a bit more of an accomplishment with a bit more downtime due to damage.

My suggestion is to simply tie the consolation prize to the scaling encountered. 20 iso8.png for enemies equal to or lower than your team's highest level. 40 iso8.png for enemies just above your level to 1.5 times your level, and 60 iso8.png for enemies more than 2 times the level of your highest team member. Is it a perfect algorithm? No. Does it stay within the confines of the developer's ISO flow rates, while still being a reasonable nod to the effort those nodes take, especially when they are nodes that need grinding for decent placement? I believe so.

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like this idea. +1. icon_e_biggrin.gif

if it were me though, I'd go just a bit higher. IMO, facing a 3 x 395 opponents should be worth at least 100 iso8.png . Especially if those opponents are the likes of Ares, Hulk, Juggs, Rags, or Daken. I've said before that it's been mentioned the reason those nodes scale so high was because of characters like pre nerf C Mags, Spidey, and Rags. With those characters all balanced now, isn't it time scale back on the scaling up?
  • The reason I didn't go higher than 60 is because 100 iso8.png is the minimum "real" node reward. I figure if this is the booby prize, it shouldn't be that close to a real prize (which oftentimes feels like a booby prize anyway).
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would be a great idea. It is frustrating to get a 20 ISO reward after a tough fight.

Another option might be to at least reward all the 'real' rewards on a node before starting to give out the consolation prize.