So, now we have to pay $ to keep our points?

Options
Let me just start of by saying that the current point system in PVP tournaments is screwed up.

Players whose setups are chosen to be attacked will have their scores reduced. They have no control over who attacks them, they have no control over the actual matches. Yet if they will have their scores reduced, simply for no reason other than their less-than-ultimate team was picked on by another player.

I found that to be sheer complete utter ****. A player shouldn't have to be penalized for A MATCH HE/SHE HAS NO DIRECT CONTROL OF.

Not only is this damn annoying and stupid, it is harmful when a player is knocked off a ranking at the last possible minute. In addition, every single time he gets attacked, he probably lose the points he had accumulated in THREE matches, all of which costed him time, Boosts, and Health Packs.

As if that wasn't bad enough, we have reports of people losing over 100 points in a single loss, or accumulative losses over a hundred in a 3-minute period.

Long story short, it is understandable that competition and ranking is needed. But why the hell does someone's score need to drop, especially when he has no direct control over it?

I can offer you a thousand solutions how this problem could be solved. But all of them include this. STOP DROPPING THE SCORES OF PLAYERS, GODDAMMIT!

So now, these developers, instead of implementing an actual solution to fix they problem they themselves created, they decided to come up with a more lucrative and creative approach.

We've heard news from the developers that they will be addressing this issue, and it kept us excited for a while. So, did they keep their promise? Did they give us a solution to the current problem? YES THEY DID!

TADAAAAH! Now, all we have to do, is to PAY THEM MONEY, so that we get to keep our scores! Wow! Awesome! I so did not see that one coming!

Man, these guys are so good, even I'm impressed. Instead of actually solving the problem, they turned it into a profit advantage, so that players who pay them, get to play much better in their screwed up environment!

Why spend time and money to solve a problem, when you can get people to pay you for that existing problem!

These guys are awesome, I tell you. They should become a political body. Join the senate. Run for presidency.

Hell, I wanna be them! I want people to pay me $ for my screw ups too!

Comments

• mechgouki wrote:
    I can offer you a thousand solutions how this problem could be solved. But all of them include this. STOP DROPPING THE SCORES OF PLAYERS, GODDAMMIT!

So what do you propose?
  • Another whining post. OP doesn't realize that he can get more points for shielded people, to achieve better rewards. He doesn't realize that 3-hour shield is essectially free - you get 50 HP for 400 points, if you so dearly need them - you shouldn't aim for the top, if you can't achieve 400 points - you never had any chance.
    Stop whining and start playing. Thanks to shields overall scores raised and I got 500 and 600 points awards.
  • I explained this to my wife who is not in any way a video game person: and she gets it... "so as long as you're good enough to get to the reward at 400 points, you can protect yourself for 3 hours later if you want for free, right?"

It's not that hard people. You don't have to pay for anything. If all you want to do is hoard HP for some mythical future where it suddenly will do something besides progress you in the game... I dunno... good luck I guess?

The game is all about using your resources the best way for you. I have spent some real $$, not a lot, but I'm comfortable with it. People complaining that it's pay to win need to check themselves: are you only going to be happy if you always "win"? because if so, maybe you should quit video games. Because there is no game where you are guaranteed to win if you're the best arguer on the production company's forum, nor is there a game which offers PVP where you will be the best. Some other dude will always be better than you, and you'll always complain it's because he spams sweep-kick, or because he bought gold, or because he has no life and plays more than you... oh well.

I enjoy playing when I can, I try to be competitive when I can, and there's no reason to get bent out of shape about something that is presented as an equal opportunity option. EVERYONE can get the shields with HP regardless of if you spend real $$ or not.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GEFPenst wrote:
    Another whining post. OP doesn't realize that he can get more points for shielded people, to achieve better rewards. He doesn't realize that 3-hour shield is essectially free - you get 50 HP for 400 points, if you so dearly need them - you shouldn't aim for the top, if you can't achieve 400 points - you never had any chance.
    Stop whining and start playing. Thanks to shields overall scores raised and I got 500 and 600 points awards.

yeah, the OP would have a point if HPs are actually hard to come by like the premium currency often is in in other Free-to-play games...but this isn't the case here.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    As if that wasn't bad enough, we have reports of people losing over 100 points in a single loss, or accumulative losses over a hundred in a 3-minute period.
    I think I hold the record with 253 accumulative icon_e_confused.gif
  • Lucky girl wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    I think I hold the record with 253 accumulative icon_e_confused.gif

Explains your name, lol.
  • 400 - 50hp
    1000 - 100hp
    1100 - 25hp (sold useless IM40)
    175hp
    -200hp (24hr Shield)
    - 25hp
    +100hp (if I finish in the top 45)
    + 25hp (selling unwanted Y. Spider-Man cover)
    100hp

I just bought a 24hr shield in Double Shot for a temporary net loss of 25hp. I want and plan to finish in the top 15 without waking up at 5:00 a.m. and/or busting my butt during the tournament's final moments.

I will finish the tournament with 100hp more than I spent.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    400 - 50hp
    1000 - 100hp
    1100 - 25hp (sold useless IM40)
    175hp
    -200hp (24hr Shield)
    - 25hp
    +100hp (if I finish in the top 45)
    + 25hp (selling unwanted Y. Spider-Man cover)
    100hp

I just bought a 24hr shield in Double Shot for a temporary net loss of 25hp. I want and plan to finish in the top 15 without waking up at 5:00 a.m. and/or busting my butt during the tournament's final moments.

I will finish the tournament with 100hp more than I spent.

Yeah, exactly. I sold off both IM40s, so I'm already even - will probably be up around +150, depending on how crazy the scores get at the end.
  • Nemek wrote:

Yeah, exactly. I sold off both IM40s, so I'm already even - will probably be up around +150, depending on how crazy the scores get at the end.

You managed to get up to 1300?
  • Nemek
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

You managed to get up to 1300?

There are a few 1200+ people who are shielded that I happened upon, so getting to 1400 was easier than expected.
  • Nemek wrote:
    There are a few 1200+ people who are shielded that I happened upon, so getting to 1400 was easier than expected.

So, it's doable, definitely easier than ever, but I imagine will still take some dedication and luck (and a good team). Which is as it should be.
  • I imagine that in time, they will implement some sort of feature to enable "FTP" players to have free shields. Perhaps time based like health packs. It may make some sense to base it on lost rank points. The free-to-play players may have to put in more effort, but after being knocked around and losing 300 points, it may earn them a certain amount of shield to use once they work themselves back up.
  • I still contend that they will raise the prices of the shield in the near future. It's too powerful of a tool to let people have at almost zero real cost to their HP bank.

So, enjoy the introductory cost while you can.
  • Nemek
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I still contend that they will raise the prices of the shield in the near future. It's too powerful of a tool to let people have at almost zero real cost to their HP bank.

So, enjoy the introductory cost while you can.

I'm kind of thinking the same thing. I suspect it's too cheap as it stands now, and this is more of a trial run where most people have an opportunity to try it out.
  • Consider it allows the stronger players that don't need a progression award to help the other players that do. It helps both sided. There are opportinity costs for the Hero Points. If a strong player decided to go just for progression award and declines using shields, he can use his HP otherwise.

It helps other players almost more than the player using the shield. I spent 200 HP on a 24 hour shield. The player 'common' definately used me as a springboard to help him reach over 1000 (he got points off me me no less than 6 times). He obviously found other targets.

It serms as if it will be easier for a latecomer to come in and sling himself up with the shielded springboards.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Consider it allows the stronger players that don't need a progression award to help the other players that do.
    I spend 20 minutes skipping yesterday and didn't see any of the names on the list. Stronger players might all be out of MMR range of the weaker players.
  • I spend 20 minutes skipping yesterday and didn't see any of the names on the list. Stronger players might all be out of MMR range of the weaker players.

I had a similar situation. I got to 800 and all I could find was players in the 700-800 range. We all feasted on each other never allowing any of us to break through the barrier. After about an hour of this, I quit. I never did see any players in the 900-1100 range.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I spend 20 minutes skipping yesterday and didn't see any of the names on the list. Stronger players might all be out of MMR range of the weaker players.

I had a similar situation. I got to 800 and all I could find was players in the 700-800 range. We all feasted on each other never allowing any of us to break through the barrier. After about an hour of this, I quit. I never did see any players in the 900-1100 range.

So, in an ideal world, some of your shield, the rest progress, then shield, and those that shielded earlier then progress on the heels of those who progressed earlier.

So, did you shield for the better of man (and later yourself) when you quit earlier, Adam?
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    So, did you shield for the better of man (and later yourself) when you quit earlier, Adam?

No, because I didn't want to waste HP to preserve a 750 rating. Wasn't worth it to me.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Kyosokun wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

No, because I didn't want to waste HP to preserve a 750 rating. Wasn't worth it to me.

Fair =D Hence, in an ideal world.