Thanksgiving Update - New Stories/Characters on their way

Options
phoenixrising2791
phoenixrising2791 Posts: 130
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Lifted up from the recent R65 Preview:
"David wrote:
Moore"]
We give thanks this season for nature, animals, otherworldly beings, robots and good stories. Everyone loves a good story, right?

With this teaser, I think we will be expecting Guardians of the Galaxy characters? Nature - Groot, Animals - Rocket Racoon, Otherworldly beings - Gamora/Drax/Ronan, Robots- ?
Good stories - yeah....

icon_e_biggrin.gif

What you think guys? Any guesses on where will leading to?

Comments

• It does sound a little Guardians inspired (especially with that .INI file hack) but I wouldn't rule out Squirrel Girl for the animal / nature element either.

Robot wise... surely they'd wait until Q2 next year for Ultron? They wouldn't release multiple new characters at the same time anyway I'd have thought.
  • Kyllian
    Kyllian Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My money is on Guardians of the Galaxy and Ultron! Maybe Thanos??
    Anyway, too many characters too fast. I can barely manage HP for shields...
  • Can they just stop with the new characters for one freaking month?

They are requiring this game to be pay to play because no one can farm 500-600 HP for a new roster slot at the pace they are going and still have HP for shields in PVP.

If they want to increase the number of characters being released, they should increase the HP rewards on PVP progressions by at least 100%.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Regarding the robot reference we could see the vision, or maybe a story involving sentinels.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    onimus wrote:
    Can they just stop with the new characters for one freaking month?

They are requiring this game to be pay to play because no one can farm 500-600 HP for a new roster slot at the pace they are going and still have HP for shields in PVP.

If they want to increase the number of characters being released, they should increase the HP rewards on PVP progressions by at least 100%.
    I feel the HP flow is fairly adequate, but maybe I am more conservative with shielding than the average player. You can afford to put up one 8-hour shield or two 3-hour shields and still break even as long as you get all HP progression rewards and at least top 50. Then there's the alliance reward as a bonus, and PvE HP also goes straight to the stash.
  • If they keep forcing characters out at the rate they have been, I'm likely to start shielding even less than I do now (and as it is, in a typical week, I only spend 150 hp on shields).
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19152&start=20#p250869

or maybe playable Sentinel character for the "robots".
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    onimus wrote:
    Can they just stop with the new characters for one freaking month?

I feel the HP flow is fairly adequate, but maybe I am more conservative with shielding than the average player. You can afford to put up one 8-hour shield or two 3-hour shields and still break even as long as you get all HP progression rewards and at least top 50. Then there's the alliance reward as a bonus, and PvE HP also goes straight to the stash.
    For all the new characters HP flow is not enough right now. Given your example of a top 50 finish and a top 100-250 alliance and 150 HP spent on shields in PVP you will be earning 50HP per PVP event. You get 100 for progressions 50 for placement 50 from alliance-150 from shields. If there is a new character every 2 weeks and your HP slot costs 500 HP you will have earned only 300 HP from PVP events. Yes you can earn HP rewards from PVE right now top 10 in subs gives you some HP and final placement will earn you some more, but overall you will be very close to HP neutral to a little HP positive every 2 weeks. Now if you are a transition player, and you pull a cover you don't have you are now HP negative with roster slots. This is the issue with so many new characters. Players can no longer build up HP to buy a 3* cover that could really help them with the game becuase they need to stock up on HP for roster slotes to get the new character so they can play the essentials in the next PVE.
    My suggestion is in PVP top 10 gets 150 HP top 25 gets 100 HP and for alliances top 100 and top 250 gets 150 HP. This will give a top 50 player an extra 150HP per week and a top 25 player an extra 300 HP per week which with good PVE play you can open roster slots and occasionally buy a 3* cover. This will help transition for F2P players. P2W players will always buy HP to get there covers so it is just an extra bonus for them. I also feel they should double the drop rates on ISO so players can actually level all these new characters since for the most part it is brutal to level them with ISO with so many new characters coming out. They are not even playable for 4-6 months as the game currently stands.
  • My guess would be Guardians + Big Robot 6

Edit: That'd be "Big Hero 6." Sorry, I must have robots on the robot.

Edit: That'd be "on the brain." Sorry, I must have robots on the robot.
  • I want it to be Machine Man so bad.... if only because he should have a "kill the fleshy ones!" attack or something. Cause NextWAVE will always be awesome. Always. I'm biased. I get it.
  • Machine Man (Nextwave)'s pink power could be KICK 'SPLODE.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll be happy if it's new dialog, regardless of the rewards - I am ready to hear some new exchanges. I wish they would delay new character introductions until they had a new story arc to go along with it, but it sounds like we may be getting some new dialog/story soon. Hopefully it's not just a heroic recycling!
  • i dont think new content will come as .... Marvel will ask for big license fees
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I assume Vision is the new robot.
    Iceman should be the chilly, Christmas character.
    Guardians seem beyond obvious at this point. Can we get a Ronan the Accuser as a 4 star?
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    onimus wrote:

Easier would be to just lower the cost for new roster slots. But yeah, having to spend 750 every other week or so for a new character is getting really expensive.
  • New Story = Yeas please!

New Characters = No Thanks! We've had enough of them for the time being!