Quick question about opponents regen health in PvP

Options
(Sorry for the lame-o title but I couldn't figure out how to articulate my question in such a short space)

So in PvP, when you attack an opponent and lose, you have 2 more attempts to attack them again (each for reduced points) before (I assume) you lose and your opponent gets some defense points (I've never actually lost 3 times so I'm not sure). When you initiate a battle with them a second (or third) time in the same set, most of the time their characters status (dead/alive) and health are left over from your previous attack (ie. if you downed 2 of his characters, they remain down the next time you attack). This has been true for me 90%+ of the time, even when it's been days since my last attack. That last 10% of the time, I initiate a battle and get surprised because they're back to full health and any downed characters are back.

I'm sure there is a rhyme or reason to when this does and doesn't happen but I've yet to see it spelled out anywhere. All the reasons I try to come up with don't make a lot of sense. icon_e_confused.gif

Comments

• Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    I'd love to know too, because sometimes I've left someone for a 2nd attack for 2+ days and they are still stuck at the same health. Other times they regen wayyyy more quickly.
  • They always seem to be in the same health as I left them. Perhaps after a while their battle expires and you just happened to find them again in the matchmaking?
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    They always seem to be in the same health as I left them. Perhaps after a while their battle expires and you just happened to find them again in the matchmaking?

No, in these cases the battle hasn't expired (at least not from my screen). It still shows them in the same spot on my 5 battle choice screen and it shows only two attacks left and it shows the amount it would cost to skip the battle. If it was a new battle then I would have all three battles available and the cost to skip would be zero. icon_e_smile.gif
  • If I were to speculate I would say your opponents have healed their characters. It makes sense that they are using those characters that you're attacking when they attack someone else. So say one of their characters gets downed and they heal them on offense. I'm guessing thats how they're getting their energy back. Total speculation though since I haven't even seen this happen.
  • Badman82 wrote:
    If I were to speculate I would say your opponents have healed their characters. It makes sense that they are using those characters that you're attacking when they attack someone else. So say one of their characters gets downed and they heal them on offense. I'm guessing thats how they're getting their energy back. Total speculation though since I haven't even seen this happen.

This was my best guess as well but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a design standpoint since the player would be unaware that he had been attacked (since I lost) and thus his heals on offense shouldn't heal his covers on defense in the same way that being hurt in offense doesn't hurt his characters on defense.
  • I guess if that doesn't make sense my only other theory would be that your opponent has leveled the character that you have downed. Maybe the game resets your downed opponent because he has a different HP value. Again just speculating icon_e_smile.gif
  • Badman82 wrote:
    I guess if that doesn't make sense my only other theory would be that your opponent has leveled the character that you have downed. Maybe the game resets your downed opponent because he has a different HP value. Again just speculating icon_e_smile.gif

Just to clarify both your guesses make sense from a strickly mechanical standpoint of "why could this be happening?" but (for me at least) they don't make sense from a "What would a player rationally expect to happen?" in a game mechanics type of way. I fully expect that one or both of your guesses is the reason it is happening; I just don't understand why the developers made it happen that way? icon_e_smile.gif
  • My guess is that they aren't aware that it is/has happened. Since this game is essentially in beta still I doubt they have the bugs worked out. That or it was an oversight icon_e_wink.gif