Some evolution for our roster.

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
It would be great to have the possibility to evolve our roster by fusionning the same character fully covered and leveled to make him/her evolve to a better rank, example:

-I have many 1* Venom fully covered (for example 4 of them), if I fusion them I get a 2* Venom at level 15.
-The same for a 2* Ares to get him to 3*.
-But impossible to get 3* to 4* by fusion (they will stay rare). We can have the possibility to get them to 3* gold with more life or a change of colors.

With a possibility like this some people with hard transition could get in 3* land easier but for balance, a real 3* will be better than a leveled one (they can have less life or have a higher cost for their skills). We will have then a roster from each rank fully usefull and not just have to discard them later because we never use them.

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That would make a lot of OP characters wouldn't it? People are always saying that a level 94 Juggs is too powerful. If players could get that same thing by mixing covers then I for one would have at least 5 or 6 maxed out Juggs. And if everyone had level 166 Ares icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_e_surprised.gif . Thats just asking for trouble. They would need to do it in a way that did not make the characters scale up too high.

However, I think you may be on to something here. (I'm sure something similar has been suggested in the past, but I'm tossing it out anyway). What if we could do this with gold characters. 3 star.png Cap, Thor, Storm, Torch. If I had a bunch of 2 star.png Cap covers, I could fuse them into one 3 star.png Cap. Something like that. Or take a maxed 2 star.png and pay some Hp or iso to convert it to it's 3 star.png version.
  • All this could work if devs balance the characters, and for some better results and variety, we could add some bonus stats or passif if you get them in "original" team, for example:

-Avenger team: get 3 avengers in the team and when one of them die, you get 5 AP in the strongest color of the 2 others to avenge your fallen friend.
    -X-Men team: with 3 x-men, each time you use a skill, 5 team up tiles transform in environnement tiles
    -Dark Avenger team: only with Dark Avengers (Hood and other ally of Osborn can't be in), when 2 of the dark avengers die, the next skill the last one will use will cost 0 AP but it ends the turn.
    -Shield Team: Fury + Black Widow + Hawkeye ... Black widow and Hawkeye get a bonus life to get them to 8000 (work for 1* characters too), If a skill must kill Fury, the 2 others will "shield" him and take damages for him icon_e_biggrin.gif
    -Deadpool team (1): Deadpool + girls only... to impress them, deadpool will covers the girls with his body... to protect them from every damage while he is alive (his black regen change and give him back the same amount of life than Daken/Patch each turn).
    -Deadpool team (2): Deadpool with the X-men... the x-men doesn't like to be with Wade Wilson, at 50% of their life, they will leave the team... when deadpool is alone, he will phone the devs to nerf the ennemy team (because he knows he is in a game) --> all their skills will be at level 1 (1 cover).

With that, I think it would be better in pvp, we would see more different teams and the fight would be more funny.
  • This would bring up all kinds of balancing problems. Look how well they are handling it now (sarcasm). I wouldn't be comfortable with a mechanic like this knowing the current state of the game.
  • Fusing could be fun but I'd like to see it with just the gold characters. It gives the gold characters something unique then.

You could even say that gold characters can only be accessed by fusing which could help the character vault problem but that might be taking it too far.
  • Call the system Hora... MARVEL Cube. 3 Chipped Yelenas -> 1 Flawed Yelena.