New Nerf Procedure

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I think it's time MPQ reexamines it'd outdated nerfing protocol. They've made it abundantly clear that they will not permit players to respec the nerfed character for free. To be honest, I'm fine with that because everyone is in the same situation. I would, however, request that there be a set moratorium between the time of an announcement of a nerf and it's implementation. Also, nerfs should be announced in-game, and not just on the forum.

1) One option is to have a time period requirement along with a requirement of an opportunity to win that character's rewards. For example, the sentry nerf details were announced yesterday, so I'm suggesting there be a 30, 45, or 60 day period before the nerf goes into effect. During that period, sentry rewards would have to be in no less than one event. This way players have an opportunity to earn their respec before the change goes into effect.

The reason the period is at least 30 days for example is so that players with more limited rosters that rely more on the nerfed character have a larger period to adjust to the change.

2) The other alternative is that the Nerf cannot go into effect until AFTER that character's covers have been the rewards in an event.

The caveat would be that either option would be in lieu of the current policy of HP and iso if you decide to sell the character.

Edit - Added bold and all caps to emphasize there is a suggestion in addition to the time moratorium that a nerf not go into effect until after that character's covers are the rewards for an event.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A month or more delay is an eternity in a live game.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Then how about they schedule events that award nerf covers so that it's right AFTER the nerf instead of right before it??
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Then how about they schedule events that award nerf covers so that it's right AFTER the nerf instead of right before it??

This is exactly how things would play out if they really cared about their playerbase. Instead it just feels like a cash grab.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

The way they've scheduled events of all types over the past month was already leading me to believe that their calendar is managed by a monkey with a dartboard, and the timing of Hood's nerf only lends further support to that conclusion.
  • simonsez wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    I think they did this after Spidey nerf iirc.
  • Could you imagine if they just allowed you to sell every nerfed character for the full amount you'd spent leveling them? We'd see the extinction of Spider-Man, and a lot fewer Hoods and Ragnaroks, and suddenly a lot more Thors and Sentries. Probably Hulks, too.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    radav wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

This is exactly how things would play out if they really cared about their playerbase. Instead it just feels like a cash grab.
    And they should have it enough times to actually respec. Unlike this cmags vaulting, where they had it once before he was vaulted
  • I think it should depend on the degree of the nerf. If it's something like a reduction of strike tile strength by 10%, then it's not really worth any sort of refund. However, if it's something like killing Hood's yellow ability, the ability to sell the character for HP and iso is nice.
  • daibar wrote:
    I think it should depend on the degree of the nerf. If it's something like a reduction of strike tile strength by 10%, then it's not really worth any sort of refund. However, if it's something like killing Hood's yellow ability, the ability to sell the character for HP and iso is nice.

I don't think the procedure should be determined by the severity of the nerf. I think it should be consistent. You can say small, but the small 3* Daken Nerf added up quickly.

Also, if characters were properly play tested, there should not be a reason for nerfs, so I don't feel players should be penalized regardless.
  • I think a full refund of ISO spent would be nice.

But honestly, just the ability to respec based on the covers you own would be nice.

I know Sentry has won me more covers and ISO/HP in the last 2 months I've used him to fully make up for the dead roster spot he'll be once he's nerfed.
  • Verno5x
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

They've given out covers right after a nerf before and were met by yelling and complaining on the forums. They've also tried the covers right after a nerf and the same thing happened. Whenever they want to nerf characters you just can't make everyone happy unfortunately.