Chatting with your bracket!

It would be awesome if there was a bracket chat where you could talk to the people who are playing in your bracket. It would help us get to know more people who are playing and begin to recognize specific names within the game. It would add another level of competition and as a side effect you already know, competition = more people spending money which = more game advances.

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Do you mean directly or messages everyone can see? I don't know that I want get inundated by a bunch of trivial posts or flame wars. I also don't know if I want someone to rage comment at me directly because I took away some points... I like the positive gist of your suggestion but afraid it would degrade into a news-site comment section.
  • LOL thrash talk in MPQ.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    LOL thrash talk in MPQ.

Anytime people exchange conversation there is bound to be negativity but regardless I still think it would be a great feature that would be widely used. Chatting with your entire bracket would be if not informational on gameplay talk at the very least just making the game more social all together.
  • I was playing a game called Shadow Era (ccg). It has an in-game e-mail feature. You can send messages to anyone for 10 gold iirc. Gold is like Iso-8 in that game. I don't know if it's abused or not as I stopped playing the game regularly closely after it being implemented. I even got a compliment last time I played because I was probably using an out-of-meta deck, since I hadn't played for a long time. It wasn't the cause of me to stop playing though. I just got bored with ccgs.

It also has in-game chat. Text appear on top middle of the screen while playing. It's sometimes abused. If you report it, they get silenced/banned depending on the severity of the situation. But you couldn't do in-game chat in MPQ as you always play against AI.
  • If they ever put in an in-game chat feature, it needs to be able to be turned off or it will wreck the game. I don't want to her from 13-year-ols how they pwned me or anything like that.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's not forget the strategic elements that this would take away.

Knowing that some one is trying to bump you out of #25 vs. not knowing and just always expecting that. I don't know, perhaps I'm over thinking it, but I would likely not post anything should a feature like this exist. Even knowing that someone around you is active enough to post is likely active enough to be gunning for your position.

Then again you also have the deceptive nature of misinformation as well.
    "Oh, I'm totally out of health packs, and I was so close to top 5." Meanwhile sitting on 5 health packs and making a push against your now less concerned opponents who opted to work on another event since their positions are "safe".

My thoughts.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only thing they could do is add a global chat to go along with the alliance chat. Al ot of games have this added. The global chat would just be like a in game forum with limited characters. We have a forum that we can chat in and we can talk to our alliances. Global chats get too many people posting at once.