New Device

Options
Hi Forum people,

I started playing last week and am well enjoying the game. New to everything, hope there's an answer out there, I was wondering if I plan to get a new phone in the next month or so, can my progress be saved (linked to fb) and continued on my new phone? If not that means my time and efforts in this upcoming month will be for nothing...

Thanks in advance,
K

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    People were playing the same file on both a tablet and a phone, so it should work out fine. I'd still check with IceIX though.

With all these "trips" he's taking lately, I'm starting to think he's really Heisenberg. I mean, come on. Ice? What's that another name for?

EXACTLY.
  • Thanks for your opinion and advice Kelbris, hope this gets spotted by IceIX or someone who knows! You give me some hope icon_e_smile.gif

K
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Linking to FB makes a global save. It will be used on your new device as soon as you link it to FB again.
  • Linking to FB makes a global save. It will be used on your new device as soon as you link it to FB again.

That's very relieving to hear, thank you!
  • Kamina wrote:
    Linking to FB makes a global save. It will be used on your new device as soon as you link it to FB again.

That's very relieving to hear, thank you!

Yes, link to facebook with your existing device, install on the new device, and tap the gear icon to link to Facebook before you start the prologue and you should be fine.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    tap the gear icon to link to Facebook before you start the prologue

If you started the prologue and earned some rewards then linked, what would happen? Would the game update to the "global save" and overwrite the progress? Im likely upgrading devices and wouldnt mind playing through the prologue again if I get to keep the small iso rewards, but if that gets wiped Ill just link after install.

Thanks!
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    tap the gear icon to link to Facebook before you start the prologue

If you started the prologue and earned some rewards then linked, what would happen? Would the game update to the "global save" and overwrite the progress? Im likely upgrading devices and wouldnt mind playing through the prologue again if I get to keep the small iso rewards, but if that gets wiped Ill just link after install.

Thanks!

No, I don't think you would keep the iso (can't say for sure) and may wipe your "good" data (again, not sure, but it has happened to people before, I think).
  • No, once you attempt to login to facebook the game will tell you that you can only have one FB save and ask if you want to overwrite the local data. There's no way to replace the FB save outside of going through support.
  • Is it possible to link your fb to the steam version of this?
  • Is it possible to link your fb to the steam version of this?

Not at this time. Hopefully in the future.