Best use of 4K HP?

Options
Nellobee
Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I'm stuck in that awkward transition phase. Still (over a year played!).
Part of that is that I didn't join an alliance, and I'm not as hardcore as some people, but I get a *** cover most events.
Where I'm at:
Hulk is 5/3/5 and 166.
Black Panther is 5/4/2 and 140.
Falcon is 5/3/3 and 140.
LazyThor is 5/2/3 and 120 (soft cap: 127).
X-Force is 3/3/1 and 143 (soft cap: 152).
Hood is 4/0/4 and 102.
Sentry is 2/4/1 and 66 (soft cap: 91).

I've got most of the *** characters some of the way covered, but not enough to be super useful.
I've got 3 more roster slots open, so I'm good for now. Considering buying 2 covers. Do I buy 2x BP black? 2xLThor green? Ragequit because my magneto^ and patch^^ were making progress?
My color synergy sucks amongst my high-level ***'s, and part of me just wants to keep buying cover slots since they keep introducing new characters faster than I am leveling any of the existing ones (which keep being removed from rotation).

^3/2/3 and 93.
^^3/1/2 and 58.

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Given the nerfs, the obvious answer is to spend 1k buying 2 greentile.png and 2 blacktile.png covers for x-force for 1k, the problem is that all your other covered 3*s have terrible synergy with him, since most of them are also have their main powers on green. Might as well just use hulk, even though you're never going to use any of his powers since at least his bulk would deter 2*s a bit. And at 166 he'll tank green and maybe even black for x-force which will be nice
  • Nellobee
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Given the nerfs, the obvious answer is to spend 1k buying 2 greentile.png and 2 blacktile.png covers for x-horse for 1k, the problem is that all your other covered 3*s have terrible synergy with him, since most of them are also have their main powers on green. Might as well just use hulk, even though you're never going to use any of his powers since at least his bulk would deter 2*s a bit. And at 166 he'll tank green and maybe even black for x-horse which will be nice

Yeah, as mentioned, my color synergy sucks.
    Unless I'm missing a button somewhere, X-Force covers are 2.5k HP each, so I could afford one of them?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nellobee wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Given the nerfs, the obvious answer is to spend 1k buying 2 greentile.png and 2 blacktile.png covers for x-horse for 1k, the problem is that all your other covered 3*s have terrible synergy with him, since most of them are also have their main powers on green. Might as well just use hulk, even though you're never going to use any of his powers since at least his bulk would deter 2*s a bit. And at 166 he'll tank green and maybe even black for x-horse which will be nice

Unless I'm missing a button somewhere, X-Force covers are 2.5k HP each, so I could afford one of them?

Spoit was talking about 1* Bag Force, the upcoming new character. :p

Don't buy xforce covers unless you are really rolling in hp or if you only need one or two more.
  • Nellobee wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Don't buy xforce covers unless you are really rolling in hp or if you only need one or two more.
    Maybe he meant 10k? That's way too expensive though. Also, why on earth does Spoit's quote say x-horse? icon_lol.gif
  • Buy 3 blackflag.png for icon_blackpanther.png to make him 5/3/5. Level him to 166, run him with Hulk, you are now out of transition phase. You could do much much worse than those 2 as a team with guest in PvP.
  • Nellobee
    Options
    Derp. For some reason I was thinking I could only buy two.
    Done.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    flnn1 wrote:
    Nellobee wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Maybe he meant 10k? That's way too expensive though. Also, why on earth does Spoit's quote say x-horse? icon_lol.gif
    Derp, yeah, missed a decimal place there icon_redface.gif Also, autocorrect. Still trying to get a hang on swype