Better reward structure

I find it rather ridiculous that the season long rewards for pvp are so....unrewarding. I usually finish between 110ish - 150ish as a player and think its funny that the only difference between me and a player that finished 1000 is 1 heroic token and 25hp....maybe look at retooling that reward since its like a month long and a lot of time and effort is put in to be rewarded with such garbage...for a season end reward. Maybe increase the drop rates the higher you finish? Cause right now, the season end reward is useless to me.

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've always viewed the season ending rewards as just some added bonuses. I've earned the good rewards from the actual events of the season.

The season to me is simply for the progression 3* cover (oh boy, greenflag.png BEAST), the Heroic 10-Pack Progression (oh boy, 10 Moonstones), and a few bonus tokens based on personal & alliance rank (That's another 7 Moonstones!)

Unless you're in a top 100 Alliance, I don't think the season ending rewards are anything to get too excited over. It's just a way to hand out extra 4* covers to those 2000 players who need them the least. (Wow, that sounded cynical.) On the bright side...MOONSTONE!!!
  • I agree that we need a better structure for our rewards. Somehow, we need a way to make acquiring new covers easy, no matter what level you are at.

I think the real issue is transitioning. It's easier to get star.pngstar.png characters now that PVP gives them away. I had to spend money to get mine, and that was when Bag-Man was hiding in every second Heroic Token. So that's great. You don't have an excuse anymore not to have a working star.pngstar.png roster unless your excuse is, "I don't want to play PVP," in which case, icon_lol.gif

After that, you need patience, because star.pngstar.pngstar.png characters are harder to get. If you push really hard, you can get progression rewards, and I'd like to say it's easy to win top 100 in a PVP, but I don't know anymore. It's been too long since I used star.pngstar.png characters exclusively, and the game has changed.

I've been doing the slow jog up star.pngstar.pngstar.png mountain for a long while now, and I think it works...okay, at this point. See, the problem is, if they make it easier for you to get the covers you need, they're also making it easier for other players to get the covers they need, and the economy changes. Imagine if everybody was fielding the top three characters exclusively. Just one potential problem.

The problems are similar but more severe for star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters. And that's where the real difficultly lies. The only way to get star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters is to shield-hop (and only then with a really good roster) or to be so well-off you don't even need new covers in the first place. But if we changed that, then we'd have the above problem, only instead of Sentry/Thor/Magneto (for instance), we'd see only X-Force/Nick Fury/4hor. That's what we get with star.pngstar.png teams now: OBW and Ares as far as the eye can see, because it's so easy to get full star.pngstar.png, and everybody has them.

One suggestion I'd make would be an occasional bout of generosity from D3, where a PVE gives all three colours of a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png character as a standard prize (and not like that one time where the top 10 got one Nick Fury, and the brackets were super-huge), but as easy as Mystique was to get.

They definitely won't. But maybe give X-Force to the top 5 from now on?

Again, won't help. It'll just flood the market.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is my reward structure recomended change that would help with HP as well as getting more covers to players.
    PVP: For individual placement give out an extra 50HP for top 25 and above. Alliances give an exrta 50 HP for top 250 + tiers. Create a top 150 alliances that get the exrta cover. This is a rich get richer with HP but would alow a lot of people to buy a cover every now and then instead of just roster slots.
    Season: individual reward structrue add an extra 100 HP to tiers that earn HP. This is a full season people we should be rewarded for placement not more recruite tokens that give us 250 iso. Alliance give an extra 50 HP for 250+ rewards and give top 150 alliances the cover reward.

Overall I am looking to give the player base who scores in the top 25 of each PVP an extra 100 HP per event or 300 HP per week. This will make it easier to open roster slots for new characters or someone can buy a new cover once a month. 50 more alliances will earn the extra cover which is an extra 1000 players getting an extra cover per PVP and at the end of the season. That is not that many players getting 3 extra covers per week. Right now PVE is top 150 for the cover so why not PVP? With shielding and so many new characters HP can be a drain, but if players could buy a cover once a month, it would definatly help the transition as well. I also don't think this would be a impact to the amount of 3* players or covers out there.