51-100: 5 cardpack.png
101-250: 4 cardpack.png
251-1000: 3: cardpack.png
1001-2000: 2 cardpack.png
2001-3000: cardpack.png
3001 & below: standards,

Alliance:
1-100 blueflag.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png

As last we left Season 7 MPQ was in contriversy over Mystique being released in a dreaded Heroic, and fighting through Nefareous Foe with a new MMR than let’s just say needs some work. The player base was up in arms, Players were ready to Rage quite the game durring the Heroic, and no one was even able to start Nefareous foe. Then David[Hi-Fi] Moore got on the forum getting the moderators to start a poll on what we don’t like about Heroics, and let us know the Dev’s have tweeked the MMR to allow us to actually play the game. Season 7 brought us a plethera of new characters. First the prize of all prizes a 4* Thor who we got to test out in the Anniversary addition and a nice repeatable node all season long. Then 2* captain Marvel, who should be solid on the 2* level but was gobbled up by the player base who needed to use her in essentials for BLADE!!!! Yes Blade was the haloween treat who’s thirst spamed strike tiles like nobody’s buisness. With Mystique the Dev’s promised many more characters before the year was out. We also had the biggest Death Bracket in history where top 25 was all over 1300 points (I am still sad I took 27th in this bracket but I did get my green X-Force)!! A big congratulations also goes to the X-Men for not only being the top alliance, but for driving up scores to make it easier for lesser 3* mortals to achieve 1300 points.
So as Season 8 begins a new set of questions needs to be asked.
#1 What new characters will be released and will the Dev’s slow down the character machine?
#2 will we get a new PVE? This is long overdue if you ask the players.
#3 will Heroic’s be shelved for good?
#4 what will MMR look like going forward?
#5 will anyone knock off the X-Men as the top alliance and will there be another epic death bracket where top 25 needs to be over 1300 points?

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mystique black at the top is tasty.
  • Ironically, I'm most excited about the Green Beast, which will finish mine off (he's the most powerful character in the game, right?), because I know I"m not getting that Mystique. I only need four 3* covers aside from Blade and Mystique, one of which is going to be out of rotation, the other of which is going to be an easy-to-get-to prize, so if I can snag a Red Colossus and/or a Black Doc Ock I'll be golden.
  • Typically, how many events have there been per season?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Goddess of Thunder try-out fight is back, but she's 4/4/5 this time. That's a loooooooot of charged tiles...
  • Typically, how many events in each season?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are three events per week: Friday-Sunday, Monday-Wednesday and Wednesday-Friday. Season VIII runs from Friday, Nov. 14 through Sunday, Dec. 7. That's 23 days, which is time for three full weeks of events and one extra weekend. 3 x 3 + 1 = 10 events.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Ironically, I'm most excited about the Green Beast, which will finish mine off (he's the most powerful character in the game, right?), because I know I"m not getting that Mystique. I only need four 3* covers aside from Blade and Mystique, one of which is going to be out of rotation, the other of which is going to be an easy-to-get-to prize, so if I can snag a Red Colossus and/or a Black Doc Ock I'll be golden.

He's not bag-man bad, but every one of his abilities are better in other character representation. OBW blueflag.png . Rocket&Groot blueflag.png , Punisher blackflag.png , etc.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So the Season VIII "time left" timer currently says 4 d 14 h, which lines up with the end of shard 4 for the weekend PVP. In theory, this means shard 5 will still have 3 hours left when the season ends. Will they be smart enough to extend the season end by three hours, or will people in shard 5 potentially be screwed?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So the Season VIII "time left" timer currently says 4 d 14 h, which lines up with the end of shard 4 for the weekend PVP. In theory, this means shard 5 will still have 3 hours left when the season ends. Will they be smart enough to extend the season end by three hours, or will people in shard 5 potentially be screwed?

Oh, wow, that's a really good point. Did you file that as an issue? I bet that will give it more visibility.
  • Plus simulator ends with Time Slice 4 too.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pushing 2400 and would appreciate some non-attacks! (and I'm trying to avoid anyone I know is moving up right now)

EDIT: Got it! Unshielded so hit away.
  • i have a question about the season points. do i lose season points if i loose points in the sub PVP events?
  • i have a question about the season points. do i lose season points if i loose points in the sub PVP events?

Yes.
  • thanks gonna be hard to get that 10pack then icon_e_sad.gif need 600 points
  • thanks gonna be hard to get that 10pack then icon_e_sad.gif need 600 points

Can you get them in the SHIELD simulator? Your season points are just the total of all the PVPs plus SHIELD Simulator.
  • already farmed a good amount there. its definitely possible but its gonna be a close one.

btw. whats the better strategy? attacking all the low points first or going for the high points?
  • already farmed a good amount there. its definitely possible but its gonna be a close one.

btw. whats the better strategy? attacking all the low points first or going for the high points?

All other thing being equal, in PVP, always go for high points.
  • zthanks for all the advice!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone have line of sight on the 100th place alliance?
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Hit 2400 in shield, so feel free to hit me if you see me icon_e_biggrin.gif