Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Options
Dninot
Dninot Posts: 214
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
Anyone pickup Lego Marvel Super Heroes? Wondering if its any good.

Comments

• It's not out in the UK yet but I'll be picking it up as soon as it is. The previous lego games have all be great so I'm sure this one will be too - the reviews I've seen are good.
  • I definitely plan to pick it up but waiting until the Xbox One comes out so I can play that version instead. As far as I know there are not any differences though.
  • I got a bit burned out on all the different Lego titles so I probably won't unless they somehow vastly improve/change their formula but they probably won't as lots of people really enjoy it and I'm probably an outlier. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dninot
    Options
    I'm going to pick it up when I get the chance, because I'm in a Marvel mood lately (CAN YOU TELL!?) and it seems to offer a nice coop experience my girlfriend would enjoy with me.
  • I tried the demo, I think it's the best LEGO game in the series. Reviews are really favorable too, they say that every character is different, there are no fillers as in previous games.
  • I'll ask for it as a Christmas present so my kids/wife have an easy one icon_e_smile.gif

Loved Lego Batman 2 -- by far the best LEGO game I felt. Hoping Marvel is just as good, if not better.
  • Dninot
    Options
    I picked it up and played a handful of the story missions with my girlfriend. It's a really amusing game but I've got two problems with it:

1. Kids might not get the puzzles figured out too quickly. Either that or the combined IQ of myself and my girlfriend is nothing to brag about.
    2. (More of a nerd complaint) the voice acting/scripting gets annoying and very repetitive. I don't know how many times now that I've heard Tony Stark is a billionaire playboy philanthropist.

Other than that, fun game!
  • Brilliant game. I stopped playing MPQ last weekend to put some time into this and loved the variety you get from the characters. Do think some of the puzzles might be tricky for younger players to figure out, hopefully they know enough to consult youtube guides etc (I remember back in the day, you could be stuck on a level for several days on some games!).

It's a bit of a headache for me, there is too much to play right now - MPQ, GTA V, Lego Marvel, the new Zelda game, never mind the XBONE and PS4 coming out!
  • I picked this up for PS4 over the weekend and quite enjoy it. Although I seem to have a hit a point where I've gotten railroaded into the story missions. Lego games are one of the few games I go for 100% completion on so I'll be happy when I can explore NYC again with multiple characters. Was doing missions in this and then going back to MPQ in between missions.
  • doc8998
    Options
    Love this game, but love the humor... The one that had me laughing hysterically was the reference to Samuel L. Jackson's role on "Snakes on a Plane."

While playing one of the mini-missions on the SHIELD Helicarrier, look for a mission where you'll be given the task of chasing down and killing all the snakes onboard... As the Lego SHIELD agent muses, "I don't know why we were carrying snakes onboard, but Director Fury wants all of these goshdurned snakes off of his goshdurned Helicarrier." Classic! Love the fact that the Lego games can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike, and can be played together with both generations... Have a bunch of these Lego games simply for the fact that once my son is old enough to start playing games, there's some in my collection we can enjoy together.

(Yeah, know I'm very late to the game on this one, but had to post this if anyone playing hasn't explored and found this particular mission.)

Regards
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I jsut picked this up on the steam sale last week.
    Haven't put that much time into it yet but the whole lego world thing is always a hoot.
  • Soitswritten
    Options
    Played through it with my girlfriend. It's very well done. Was the first Lego title I bought and I loved it.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Several Lego games are currently $5 on Steam, including this one. http://store.steampowered.com/sale/lego_midweek

Just finished the story two days ago. Haven't completed any side missions, so it felt a little short. Voice acting was superb, although I found Iron Man to be a little off. Very fun game, definitely worth a Lincoln!
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I love this game, I've gotten my daughter into gaming too. It's fun to play with her, she loves the cutscenes.

I don't care for all of the Lego games going to an open world though. They were much more manageae before.