EDIT

- Both char have to have same amount of *
- only after both members have been in for a week
- Cost in HP from both sides
50 HP for 1 * ( you never know)
200 HP for 2*
300 HP for 3*
500 HP for 4*

Hey how about you make money instead of losing money MPQ? Every time I sell a cover that's ISO I don't have to buy, make sweet HP back from both parties, and I will need more ISO to level them; win win. Or just make it a money transaction, strait up $2.5 each to trade

Make the game more interesting, every event becomes interesting, at least covers I win have value. You have to earn covers to trade them. Help lower players too, speed up transition by making it easier to create the 2* roster they need to be competitive.

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Willing to trade a Cmags red for LDaken purple or black, PM me

Wish we could trade with Alliance mates;

200 HP for 2*
    300 HP for 3*
    500 HP for 4*

Hey how about you make money instead of losing money MPQ? Every time I sell a cover that's ISO I don't have to buy, make sweet HP back from both parties, and I will need more ISO to level them; win win. Or just make it a money transaction, strait up $2.5 each to trade

Make the game more interesting, every event becomes interesting, at least covers I win have value. You have to earn covers to trade them. Help lower players too, speed up transition by making it easier to create the 2* roster they need to be competitive.

So instead of new players spending 1250hp on a new cover, they can find a vet alliance full of players willing to sell them it for 300hp? How is this making demiurge money again?
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First I'm not sure a top alliance wants a tomato can player on their roster for a week messing up their finishes to get whatever covers that person was able to muster. It's a trade not a purchase, if they don't have 3* then they can't trade for any

There is no advantage for an elite player to have a lowly member trade with them because they can't generate enough covers to keep trading unless it's a friend, then you have to convince 18 other members that it's worth it, yes huge alliance like xmen could exploit it but they are kicking our butts anyway

But more importantly my point is that dev could monetize it any way they want, I know they are there to make money so come up with a plan that will make them enough that it's worth it to them, most of the community wants trade and many of us understand that the devs need to make money out of it.

There is a value to the game too because every reward becomes valuable, more people will be active, and it's a solution to help newer people progress because this would be helpful at all levels not just for the elite players
  • Wonko33
    Options
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Willing to trade a Cmags red for LDaken purple or black, PM me

Wish we could trade with Alliance mates;

200 HP for 2*
    300 HP for 3*
    500 HP for 4*

So instead of new players spending 1250hp on a new cover, they can find a vet alliance full of players willing to sell them it for 300hp? How is this making demiurge money again?

Im not sure you got that the HP goes to devs not other player, both players pay a fee to be able to trade
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think the seller should have to pay.
    Yeah I have that cover you need but I don't have the HP to complete the transaction and im not buying any to do it.
  • Wonko33
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Yeah I have that cover you need but I don't have the HP to complete the transaction and im not buying any to do it.

There is NO seller it's a cover for cover trade, with a fee to dev
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Wonko33 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

Wait. Is this currently doable, or are you suggesting a method of trading covers? It's a bit difficult to understand from your original post.
  • Wonko33
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    Wonko33 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

Wait. Is this currently doable, or are you suggesting a method of trading covers? It's a bit difficult to understand from your original post.

it's a suggestion
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    Wonko33 wrote:
    First I'm not sure a top alliance wants a tomato can player on their roster for a week messing up their finishes to get whatever covers that person was able to muster. It's a trade not a purchase, if they don't have 3* then they can't trade for any...

From World of Warcraft, paying a Guild to get you gear happened. Where you would be run through an instance for a certain price, and pay a set rate if the item you wanted dropped.

I don't know if this happens with the top (100) alliances in MPQ, but if a whale really felt they needed the first cover of certain characters, I bet they could make an offer that would be taken seriously.

It's not much different from some of the high end hunting and fishing camps. Some executives are very wealth, but only get a couple hours a year to fish. So when they come to the stream, they reserve a hole and it is stocked full of trout.
  • I say this every time this is brought up. Hackers ruin this ever being a reality. There is really nothing to stop someone from making a hack account and then trading all the covers to the guys main account. We have seen how slow they are to ban hackers even with multiple reports in. They would have to perfect their anti cheat before this even had a chance to happen.
  • Wonko33
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    I say this every time this is brought up. Hackers ruin this ever being a reality. There is really nothing to stop someone from making a hack account and then trading all the covers to the guys main account. We have seen how slow they are to ban hackers even with multiple reports in. They would have to perfect their anti cheat before this even had a chance to happen.

that's why we can never have nice things icon_e_smile.gif

but think about it, to trade the real account would have to give back covers of the same star value to the hacker account, also the hacker account would not mind paying his HP fee with cheater HP I guess but how would the main account come up with his HP fee?

I am talking about trading cover for another cover, not just giving covers for a fee, one cover must come back the other way. So yes if main account had a bunch of **** unused 38 he could trade for good covers with hacker account but it would still cost HP from main account
  • Wonko33
    edited November 2014
    Options
    people are confused about what I'm saying let me do an example:

- I have a Blue Psylocke
    - guys who's been in my alliance for a week has a Red Punisher
    - Both 3*, we've been same alliance for a while, we can trade

It costs me 300HP, it costs him 300HP also
    I get Punisher, dude gets Psylocke, D3 gets 600HP <
    edit fix error

yes they could have made 1250 hp from each IF we had bought the covers
    But a lot of times no one in the alliance will have cover I need, so people will still buy covers
    New characters will be scarce, so people still buy covers
    There could be trading alliances, but being there for a week would cost me ~ 3 alliance rewards from PVP and 2 from PVE, is it worth it?

Ok at the rate of buying Tokens 300HP might be too low, but it's just an example, they could charge 500 each or 750 or a $ fee instead of HP, whatever makes it profitable according to their analysis.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is actually an interesting method of trading covers. The cost for the trade should prevent it from being abused severely. Plus, like you mentioned about the hackers, it would be hard to truly hack this. The problem would be paying for a trade with a hacker and then get caught up and get banned or sandboxed. Otherwise, I like the idea. It's a pretty good system for trading that won't break the game too much and benefit the players.
  • Wonko33
    Options
    I just want rewards = a value and I'm good with D3 making some money too

Used to be that covers would be worth a little bit of HP when sold, I don't remember how much it was. But at least your gold reward would not be worthless 500iso that I can't even level on 3* character.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish alliances could trade covers. This would be a nice benefit for alliances, and your rule that folks have to be in the alliance for a week would dis-allow alliance-hopping for covers. I think 300HP for both parties in a trade would be about right.

How about an alliance "pool" of covers? It would be cool if extra covers could be thrown into a pool (controlled by commanders), and paid for by anyone in the alliance to take them out. Example:

Player 1 draws un-needed BP-black and puts it into pool (netting nothing in return)
    Player 2 draws un-needed Loki-purple and puts it into pool
    Player 3 draws un-needed Beast-green and puts it into pool.

Four players ask for BP-black, commander selects who can take it, the player selected pays 500 HP to obtain it out of pool. Player 4 gets BP-black, player 5 asks and pays for Beast-green, and....no one wants to pay 500HP for Loki (I jest)

That's a goodly amount of HP, this way D3 gets a steady chunk of HP (and possibly money) back.
  • Wonko33
    Options
    I would be curious to know at what D3 value this. How much would they think they would lose from cover purchases therefore how much would they charge per trade to break even
  • EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Wonko33 wrote:

- I have a Blue Psylocke

I get Punisher, dude gets Psylocke, D3 gets 300HP

But a lot of times no one in the alliance will have cover I need, so people will still buy covers
    There could be trading alliances, but being there for a week would cost me ~ 3 alliance rewards from PVP and 2 from PVE, is it worth it?

Ok at the rate of buying Tokens 300HP might be too low, but it's just an example, they could charge 500 each or 750 or a $ fee instead of HP, whatever makes it profitable according to their analysis.

Actually you mean d3 will earn 600HPs right? (300 each from buyer n seller)
  • Wonko33
    Options
    EstherC wrote:
    Wonko33 wrote:

- I have a Blue Psylocke

I get Punisher, dude gets Psylocke, D3 gets 300HP

Actually you mean d3 will earn 600HPs right? (300 each from buyer n seller)

yes