We need more short PvEs.

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So pretty much everyone is pretty fed up with Juggernaut and Venom Heroic modes. It just occured to me why they are running so often though: There are far too few short PvEs, most are designed to play out over a week or more and cannot really be abbreviated, as the shortened Hulk proved. There are the two Heroics, and Deadpool vs MPQ, and now the abridged Hunt that's shorter, and more short events mean you can push out new characters faster.
Then when the Simulator started yesterday, it occured to me: If time is such an issue, why is the Simulator a week-long event? Wouldn't it work just as well with one and a half day subs, for a total of four and a half days?
Obviously it's too late to change this time, but it's something to keep in mind for the future. Are there any other PvEs that can get abridged versions without ending up like Hulk? Could say Unstable ISO be shortened?

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    all subs can be shortenedin pve. i completely agree with the OP. I dont remember what PVE it was but they had either 22 or 25 hour subs. They ran each sub twice to extend the event but it could have been fine running each sub once. With the sub end times changing it let people in different time zones at least place well in the subs. Yes EU players end times suck for you, but let's keep focus. A 3-4 day PVE is much better that the 7 day grind fest.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    all subs can be shortenedin pve. i completely agree with the OP. I dont remember what PVE it was but they had either 22 or 25 hour subs. They ran each sub twice to extend the event but it could have been fine running each sub once. With the sub end times changing it let people in different time zones at least place well in the subs. Yes EU players end times suck for you, but let's keep focus. A 3-4 day PVE is much better that the 7 day grind fest.
    Oh right, that's Thick as thieves! That could definitely be done as a 3½ day PvE with only one pass through each sub. I believe it was 26 hour subs.
  • As long as they don't do something like they did when they chopped Hulk in half, I'd be ok with it. No more subs shorter than about 22 hours, though.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    As long as they don't do something like they did when they chopped Hulk in half, I'd be ok with it. No more subs shorter than about 22 hours, though.
    Yeah, 12 hour subs were no fun and should be avoided at all costs. Particularly when you have an unlocking mechanic as well...