Build-a-hero: You chose Purple, Yellow, Blue

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
We are going to make a character. First we need to choose some colors then we will work on what the colors will do. Should be fun or completely lame, one of the two, lets begin.

Edit1. I think that is enough time so the results are in, we want a purple, yellow, blue. You know like Spidey and Falcon but better. A little sad we aren't creating something unique but I still think we can make something great. First up deciding what the blue should do.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Let's go Purple - Yellow - Red! Mainly because...I don't THINK there's any character that has those colors.
  • I say Purple Black Blue.
  • heroguy35
    Options
    I went yellow, purple, black...can't think of anyone using that combination
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    icon_thor.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_magneto.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.png ---- purpletile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngURJl4Ae.pngicon_loki.pngicon_bullseye.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.png ---- bluetile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_doctoroctopus.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_thor.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_wolverine.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.png ---- bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_daken.pngicon_doctordoom.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.png ---- bluetile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.pngnone.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_spiderman.pngicon_falcon.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png ---- redtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_hulk.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_beast.pngicon_storm.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.png ---- redtile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_deadpool.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_hood.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png ---- redtile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.pngnone.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_devildino.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.png ---- redtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_psylocke.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png ---- redtile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngnone.pngicon_shehulk.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_storm.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.png ---- redtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.pngnone.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_hawkeye.pngicon_magneto.png
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I went for active Purple, Blue, Red and I want it to be a tank - I need a pair for my XFORCE icon_e_smile.gif
  • Will let the color poll run a little longer looking like yellow/purple but the run for third color is hotly contested. After this we will decide what we want to powers to actually do. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I voted purpletile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.png. It's an interesting scheme....and I voted on that before I saw Nonce's post. Basically, we need characters to fill those voids. This would be a fun combo.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    icon_thor.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_magneto.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.png ---- purpletile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngURJl4Ae.pngicon_loki.pngicon_bullseye.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.png ---- bluetile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_doctoroctopus.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_thor.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_wolverine.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.png ---- bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_daken.pngicon_doctordoom.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.png ---- bluetile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.pngnone.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_spiderman.pngicon_falcon.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png ---- redtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_hulk.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_beast.pngicon_storm.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.png ---- redtile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_deadpool.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_hood.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png ---- redtile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.pngnone.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_devildino.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.png ---- redtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_psylocke.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png ---- redtile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngnone.pngicon_shehulk.png
    icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_storm.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.png ---- redtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.pngnone.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_hawkeye.pngicon_magneto.png

Guess what all the combinations that don't have a character yet have in common??? That's right....a purple power!!! We need more purpletile.pngs!!! All new characters have to have a purpletile.png!!! Hahaha
  • Moving on to round two. Starting with the least requested winning color, Blue. We will mix and match requested abilities depending on the cost and see what we get.
  • I'd really like to see a "Up Yours, I Win" button done right. Something like this:

Deepest Sleep
    16 Blue AP
    Completely drains your blue AP. Stuns the entire enemy team for 5 turns; Deals 1000 damage to each enemy per blue AP drained past the 16th (so at 20AP it does 4K AOE)

The idea behind this is pretty straightforward: "I got 20 AP in a color. You lose." You could have it scale up in cost, damage, and stun time with levels (like, a one-cover version stuns the enemy team for 1 turn, costs 10 AP, and scales up by like 250 damage per AP beyond that). You know, kind of what Ballistic Salvo should have been from the start.

And blue is probably the color for it - it deals in stuns; it has enough boosters that 16 AP is reasonably possible (hell, on a good board, that's one or two Polarity Shifts!), and it has at least two moves to serve as precedent - Wind Storm and Ballistic Salvo.

...Although judging from the poll, most people are looking for something inexpensive.
  • I am going to goons for my inspiration on this one. Something like remote detonator, Selects random friendly countdown timers and explodes them for XXX aoe damage each. Not sure how this would work as a passive...If you match a friendly countdown timer it explodes?
  • Could use some more votes to separate things out, not sure how to hold the collective attention long enough to finish, but will try ~
  • Maybe you could ask for themes?

If I wanted to build a hero, I'd want her powers to interact. Some possibilities:

Yellow: Minor damage and charge random basic tiles
    Blue: Stun and deal extra damage for each charged tile on board
    Purple: transforms tiles of the enemies strongest color to your strongest color

Yellow: Protect tiles
    Blue: Each time you match one of your own tiles, steal AP from enemy and generate a protect tile.
    Purple: Create a countdown that swaps enemies AP pools and deals damage.

Yellow: Every time you match yellow, destroys a random special tile generating AP. If none exist, creates a charged tile.
    Blue: Stun. If there are more than X blue tiles, stun the entire team for an additional turn.
    Purple: Drains your largest AP pool and transforms X basic tiles to that color, where X is the AP drained.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was playing last night and thought some sort of mind-control/psychic character would be cool. Here's the weird and crazy suggestions (needing some refinement...):

Purple - Mind-Control - 9 AP + AP equivalent to using power
    - Select an opponents power to fire off
    - at level 1 - you don't have full control, damage is split 60/40, more to the opponents team
    - at level 2 - 3 AP of the selected powers required color is now taken from the opponents AP
    - at level 3 - damage split 75/25
    - at level 4 - 6 AP of the selected powers required color is now taken from the opponents AP
    - at level 5 - damage split 95/5

Expensive power due to needing AP for 2 powers, but essentially means you have access to up to 9 more powers. Damage is limited initially as you don't have good control of your opponent but as you get stronger you can direct the full attack at them. Might need some wording on how to deal with strike, attack, protect & countdown tiles, maybe those aren't controllable, just direct damage attacks allowed. Also works as an AP drain later. Double also - can mean a use for the colors you collect and don't use, so less requirement for rainbow powers.

Blue - Psychic Predictions - 6 AP
    - Your Psychic powers allow you to predict the upcoming tiles
    - at level 1 - pick 2 tiles to drop next in a column
    - at level 2 - pick 3 tiles to drop next in a column
    - at level 3 - pick 4 tiles to drop next in a column + 1 AP required
    - at level 4 - pick 5 tiles to drop next in a column
    - at level 5 - pick 6 tiles to drop next in a column + 1 AP required

Works similar to other color conversions, but you can choose the colour and position so in theory can be more creative with the AP gained from the drop. Also once you get to 4 AP you can start to affect the opponents drops. So if you make a match 3 with no cascade then your 4th tile is now dropping on their turn.
  • when will the next pool be released?
  • Why is voting already closed?
  • please update the thread OP