Small ISO refund for leveling characters (selective OCD)

over_clocked
over_clocked Posts: 3,961
So, today I discovered that some people like to have a round amount of ISO (ending in 0), and go to lengths to keep it that way, say, level their unleveled characters bit by bit, 1ISO at a time. Which is not an easy thing to do, you just try it! And come to think of it, the only uneven ISO amounts for players to spend are found on the leveling screen. Boosting, skipping, buying tokens or opening alliances all cost round amounts.
And while selective OCD is a thing, leveling and eventually maxing a character is a real MPQ achievement that sadly gets no recognition outside of having your scaling rise. Well, and the whole 'your characters get slightly stronger' part. Eh, who really likes that.

So, I propose to refund a small amount of ISO for each level and eventual maxing of a character!
To not break the ISO flow, it can be really minor.
(Although with 55 characters and counting, we can use all of the ISO, honestly!)

Examples:
A) You level a character bit by bit manually: you get 5 ISO for each level + x ISO so that your total is now an even round number. The leveling is considered uninterrupted so that you only get the x amount once. If the button is not touched again for 30 minutes, the flow is considered disrupted. It's so that people don't abuse the ISO refund system. But really, who would try to abuse it for x extra ISO per level every 30 minutes where x is always less than 10? People with too much free time, I think. You get much more ISO by replaying Prologue nodes while watching Netflix, I'm told.
At max, this ranges from about 245 + x ISO per mStorm/IM 35 to about 1000 + x ISO for a manual leveling of a 4* from 70 to 270 which is a crazy thing to do! That's why we can have the following, too!
B) You insta-level a character with all your available ISO by pressing the nifty insta-level button (only available if you at least have 78k ISO): you get 10 ISO for each level + x ISO. It's at max just 2000 + x ISO to level a 4* for 200 available levels.
C) Additionally, if/when you max a character, you get a rarity ISO refund! For 1*s, additional 1000 + x ISO, for 2*s, 2500 + x, for 3*s, 5000 + x, for 4*s, 10000 + x. I was really generous here but hey, maxing takes a ton of ISO.
I hope it's not a bad thing to offer. Encourages everyone, hardcore grinders and casuals, F2P and whales, 1*s and 4*s alike.

And no, I don't consider people that keep their characters perpetually base level selective OCD sufferers icon_razz.gif

Comments