What's new in the Jan06 PC patch?

Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Saw nothing in the news about this so far:

* Double-shot tournament
* Shield Your Rating mechanic in tournament (costs HP)
* Tourney stats are along the bottom now
* Daily reward comes in a green chest now
* No more keyboard shortcuts (WHYYYYYYYYYY icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif)
* other stuff?

I won't be using the rating shield any time soon, so long as it uses HP - I'm still spending it all on roster space. Ho hum.

The *big* thing for me is the lack of keyboard shortcuts. I feel like kicking a puppy now.

Comments

• Just saw this, meanwhile:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1890
  • I could be totally wrong (small sample size), but it seems like they fiddled with the AI on PVP.

Thor seems to be using his powers WAY more than before. Maybe it´s cause I never pumped my IM40, and my team has no sinergy due to having to use him, but I lost more battles on the Double Shot tournament in an hour than I had lost in like two weeks. He just keeps pumping those reds and yellows.
  • Given that the AI has always used every special ability as soon as it starts a turn with enough AP, the only way you would see it pumping it more is if it simply happened to be getting more matches of the required color (red / yellow / green in Thor's case).

It's possible that the AI is choosing to match colors for its abilities more often in cases where it has a choice - I haven't studied it closely enough to tell. The AI I've watched the most is Venom, and he seems to prefer purple > city > black > green in my nonscientific experience. Maybe Thor was the same way, and is now less willing to match environment tiles. FWIW, I can say that the AI still fails to recognize 5-tile L matches, as of just now.
  • In fact, this just in: Hulk just started a turn with 13 green AP and did *not* use his Clap. Hmmmmm.
  • Mehhh wrote:
    In fact, this just in: Hulk just started a turn with 13 green AP and did *not* use his Clap. Hmmmmm.

Yes, so? I've seen that behavior for months. Sometimes the AI will focus on some other ability. Sometimes it will forget it has the ability at all.

News flash -- AI remains broken and stupid.
  • Shrug. Okay then. FWIW, I've pretty consistently watched the AI use every ability it could, as soon as it started its turn. For... weeks (I started playing when Steam offered it). It never delayed for me. Now it delays using all sorts of things.
  • Small note - now says "Check internet connection" instead of "loading" and then displaying a large error message if you're offline.