Dark Reign Reset

Options
polecat
polecat Posts: 22
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I've grinded through all node rewards in Dark Reign. Is there any way to reset Dark Reign rewards without starting a whole new save data? I can't justify repeating any node at this point for only a 20 ISO reward. New content would be nice too, but I'd just like to have something to play at my pace, earn some rewards, and work on some characters. I'm burning out on the timed and ranked PVP and event stuff.

Comments

• No. People have brought it up before, but I kind of doubt it will happen.
  • A friend of mine that plays but doesn't read the forums brought up this kind of idea to me the other week. He thought when they announced that they were ending the Dark Reign story and moving onto other Marvel stories that they would be removing the Dark Reign prologue missions and adding a whole new set of "play at your own pace" story chapters. That idea had never even crossed my mind. I had to inform him that I thought it was extremely unlikely for that to happen as it seems like it would be a fairly big task for a relatively small group of developers that seem like they have enough on their hands trying to keep up with the demands for new event style content.

It'd be nice though icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • It'd be nice if it reset occasionally. At the least, it'd be nice to have content to play if you can't be online.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    polecat wrote:
    I've grinded through all node rewards in Dark Reign. Is there any way to reset Dark Reign rewards without starting a whole new save data? I can't justify repeating any node at this point for only a 20 ISO reward. New content would be nice too, but I'd just like to have something to play at my pace, earn some rewards, and work on some characters. I'm burning out on the timed and ranked PVP and event stuff.

You can bring ISO pretty quick by doing the easiest nodes. This is probably why they won't lift the default 20 ISO award.
    If they let you reset DR, everyone would do it to grind HP.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They could take the repeated PVEs - Unstable ISO-8, The Hunt etc. - and make a version of them available as permanent 'offline' campaigns.
  • polecat
    Options
    Nellobee wrote:
    polecat wrote:

You can bring ISO pretty quick by doing the easiest nodes. This is probably why they won't lift the default 20 ISO award.
    If they let you reset DR, everyone would do it to grind HP.

I totally see your point about the HP but it could be minimized by making the prerequisite be that all rewards be obtained prior to a reset. Hell, I'd could even be more fun if they scaled it up a little and made it something along the lines of a "New Game+". Maybe not like PVE scaling but at least something to keep it engaging.
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Options
    Make the reset cost 50 more hp than you get from all of the story boards.or the same. Either way.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Realistically, they could just remove the Hero Point prizes from those nodes and replace them with something else, like a couple Heroic Tokens.