Problem with button placement

mordennight2
mordennight2 Posts: 31
I just lost 100 Hero points because I was trying to boost one of my power ups and accidentally clicked one too many times which automatically purchased the boost for 100 hero points which is something I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT want to do.

First off. I want my hero points back. Because I had NO intention of spending them.

Second. The placement of the purchase buttons should either be moved to a different part of the screen from the boost option, or should have an additional screen that asks for confirmation of the purchase using hero points, also on a separate part of the screen so it can't accidentally be clicked on.

my name in game is mordennight. You can totally revoke ALL of my current boosts if you want to, I just want my hero points back.

Thank you.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I made the same mistake the night they changed the pricing on rainbow boosts to be 50HP instead of 200ISO.

It'll never happen, but it would be nice to have a preference (similar to disabling in-app purchasing) where a player could check a box somewhere that either blocked them from using HP on health packs and/or boosts.

It could be viewed, in part, as an "idiot-proofing" (save me from myself - like I said, I've made this mistake too), or as a setting a parent can do to help a child playing the game have a better time. I've watched my daughters play candy-crush and jetpack joyride, any in-game consumable is gone immediately because the game gives her the option to spend them right away... as a result of that she would never accrue the HP needed to expand her roster, which would profoundly impair their enjoyment of the game.

(my recollection is foggy here but) I feel like I saw a suggestion a while ago about a parent who had encountered a similar problem when his child had sold a 4-star reward card they had received because they didn't know what they were doing. An option on the untrained roster section to restrict the 'sell all' button from dumping 3 or 4 star.png cards helps the approachability of the game.

(Counter argument, life is hard, learn, be smarter next time: but I still assert that a user-friendly UI can add these elements in ways that don't impair the experience of super-users but would serve to help improve the approachability and fun of newer/younger players to improve enjoyment, increase player lock-in, and generate longer-term commitments and sales.)
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too have once upon a time accidentally used HP on Boosts & Health Packs when rushing.

I would really like it if they forced you to confirm that you want to spend HP (or even Iso) before buying Boosts & Health Packs and placed the "No" button in the same spot as the button we were just mashing.

Though I'm sure some of the Whales would take issue with the slight speed loss while shield hopping this would cause them.