Rotating characters for token pulls.

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
At the beggining of season 6 d3 implemented a plan to rotate older characters out of the token pull to make room for some new ones without diluting the three star percentage per character. Does anyone know if this will be the plan at the beggining of each season? I know they do not intend to feature any of the characters in pvp unless they are in the pull tokens so removed characters have to rotate back in eventually, just curious about the time line, and mainly if I can open my season 7 rewards or if blade chances are just around the corner.

Comments

• I believe that was the plan, rotating in new characters and vaulting older characters for a time, and characters that may need reworking.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

It also says they will let us know who will be in/out prior to making the change so you might have a small window to think about whether to open, or wait.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MarvelMan wrote:
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

It also says they will let us know who will be in/out prior to making the change so you might have a small window to think about whether to open, or wait.

Yeah. I have not maxxed out a single character who is presently vaulted, and I desperately need the covers for two of them (PunPun and Patch.) I decided a few days into the season that I wasn't going to open any tokens until I see who's getting vaulted next Season. The wait is killing me, though. I want to open them now!

I was hoping they would put something up today...
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I didn't get the impression that they were going to be that tightly bound to the season calendar. Characters were going to rotate, but it didn't feel like it was going to happen every season.

I would give them till Wednesday to say that tokens for s8 will change (and how). If we don't hear anything by west coast US close of business then we are probably stuck with the tokens we have for another season.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't get the impression that they were going to be that tightly bound to the season calendar. Characters were going to rotate, but it didn't feel like it was going to happen every season.

I would give them till Wednesday to say that tokens for s8 will change (and how). If we don't hear anything by west coast US close of business then we are probably stuck with the tokens we have for another season.

This is an excerpt from the post:
    Going forward, new characters are going to rotate into the comic packs in sync with Versus seasons. New characters will be added into the packs, and older characters will be given some time out of the packs. As a result, we'll be getting all the new characters into the packs without reducing the rates of any of the 3 and 4 stars, so your character progress won't slow down.
    The first characters that are taken out of packs will start rotating back in during Season 8. We'll always communicate in advance which characters will be rotating out.

My take-away from this is that they are definitely timing the rotation with the Seasons, but they may not rotate all of the "vaulted" characters back in - note the use of the word "start." So they may keep some characters out even in Season 8. They also state they will communicate in advance (very nice of them to make that clear,) so I expect we'll hear something no later than Thursday.

Me, I'm hoping they rotate PunPun and Patch back in. The rest can stay out or go back in, I don't care much. I also hope they rotate out some of the characters I have fully covered - that would definitely be nice. Some of them, like IM40, Hulk, and Spider-Man, are the older characters, too.