Additional Alliance rosters slots (for vacation)

Options
cmj6432
cmj6432 Posts: 8
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
With the addition of 20 slots for all alliances, it seems logical to allow commanders to add additional slots say to 22 slot, but only count the highest 20 scores for PVE and PVP. All 22 members should get the alliance rewards. The main reason is so our members can take a vacation, break, or for major job projects when they cant play. Currently, we are forcing our good members to leave then request to come back, we do not always get our good members back,

I think many commanders are willing to pay a lot for the extra slots. This is a win/win for everyone.

If others have better suggestions, please let me know.

cmj6432

Comments

• Yes, have a 20 person alliance, but only use t17 scores to calculate alliance scores.

1. This would take into account vacations, work, sick, etc

2. This would allow top 100 alliances to have newer players on their roster to assist in training and transitioning players. Anything to help newer players would be an improvement at this point.
  • Yes to this. It also takes into consideration people that do not need specific rewards so they do not want to push very high in that event. I think this would add a big relief even to the biggest alliances.
  • Okin107 wrote:
    Yes to this. It also takes into consideration people that do not need specific rewards so they do not want to push very high in that event. I think this would add a big relief even to the biggest alliances.

I agree, there needs to be a change to address players getting covers they don't need, while other players need the covers and don't get them for this reason.

However, this change while great for alliances won't fix this BC players will still want points for season scores. Unless they also drop each player's two lowest scores in a season. This would also relieve pressure for alliances
  • Great idea!!! Make it happen d3p
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would say it is more important to deal with the commander demotion issue first. If we don't get commander demotions straightened out ahead of this (*VERY NECESSARY*, completely awesome) idea then this solution could wind up serving as a proxy for the deadbeat commander issue.

Scenario I want to avoid:
    Player: D3, please help us with these commanders who aren't playing beyond 1 story fight to get their daily, it is holding us back.
    D3: we are only counting 18/20 of your scores for prize consideration, so those deadbeats aren't holding you back anymore.

No, they aren't holding us back, they are just keeping us in the position we already find ourselves in where an alliance with a deadbeat is out of the rewards if a performer needs to take a personal day.
  • I would say it is more important to deal with the commander demotion issue first. If we don't get commander demotions straightened out ahead of this (*VERY NECESSARY*, completely awesome) idea then this solution could wind up serving as a proxy for the deadbeat commander issue.

Scenario I want to avoid:
    Player: D3, please help us with these commanders who aren't playing beyond 1 story fight to get their daily, it is holding us back.
    D3: we are only counting 18/20 of your scores for prize consideration, so those deadbeats aren't holding you back anymore.

No, they aren't holding us back, they are just keeping us in the position we already find ourselves in where an alliance with a deadbeat is out of the rewards if a performer needs to take a personal day.

I don't think what you describe is something that will cause a problem if this change is applied. It is a problem now more than it will be with the change. People should be careful who they promote to commander. Especially now that there is no benefit at all for being a commander, since slots are now maxed from the very start. So no need to have more than 1 commander in an alliance.

Of course, if you want someone to leave, you can always try to communicate with him and ask him to leave if he is inactive. If he left the game and he is stuck there you can send a ticket. I'm sure they will deal with it. I'm not saying this is perfect, just that, in my opinion, it is not more important that what the OP is suggesting.
  • Not an ideal solution but you could always make a new alliance leaving the deadbeat commander in charge of nothing. Even better before abandoning the alliance promote everybody else to commander.
  • As a newer player trying to rank up It really is hard to transition and move up, with the set up that is around, and Im not sure If my MMR is just getting higher but it feels like I need more and more points to get the same positions I was getting last week, this kind of system would really be helpful, not just for good alliances, but I cant alliances with my friends because I would only be a pain to his team at my current point