ISO Grinding

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi, i'm currently at the stadium to max my first 2* covers. I need about 50k ISO for my first max char.
I had no problems getting the covers i needed. Now i'm stucked with ISO. I need alot of them.

So what's the best way to grind ISO and how much time do you have to spend it, effectively and maximum.
I nearly finished all the prologue quests, just missing some open quests, but while you get only 20 ISO regularly it doesn't seem effective.

You have some advices how you managed to get tons of ISO?

Comments

• Grinding seed teams in lightning rounds can be quite effective. PvE tournaments with multiple sub events are usually good too. Otherwise, it's just the grind - if it was easy then everyone would have lv270's coming out of their orifices.
  • MisanOne
    MisanOne Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Iso management is extremely important.. don't put Iso into a character that seems good at the time but you would grow out of rather quickly.
    Thor, OBW, Daken and Ares are good characters to focus on at the 2* level.

Focus on lightening rounds, pve progression rewards, and seed teams from the beginning of any event and the Iso comes rolling in.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2014
    Options
    MisanOne wrote:
    Iso management is extremely important.. don't put Iso into a character that seems good at the time but you would grow out of rather quickly.
    Thor, OBW, Daken and Ares are good characters to focus on at the 2* level.

Focus on lightening rounds, pve progression rewards, and seed teams from the beginning of any event and the Iso comes rolling in.

Will OP want to try to bring up 2-4 characters all at the same time to prevent sharding and MMR from burying him in unwinnable fights because of his 1 lvl94 2-star that doesn't have any support? Or is that only a factor for 2-3 star.png transition players?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Tanking PVP/Shield is a great way to gain some extra ISO. It works out that its almost two times through the events, which earns a lot of bonus ISO. Of course it requires patience since it can really one be done once per event.
  • MisanOne
    MisanOne Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Will OP want to try to bring up 2-4 characters all at the same time to prevent sharding and MMR from burying him in unwinnable fights because of his 1 lvl94 2-star that doesn't have any support? Or is that only a factor for 2-3 star.png transition players?

I never found it to quite the issue at the 2 star level as it is when transitioning into 3 star.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mop up all unclaimed prologue rewards
  • Thx everyone. I started to grind Lightning rounds.

I copied the probabilities of the rewards from another thread:
    70 Iso-8 – 32%
    100 Iso-8 – 6.5%
    140 Iso-8-22%
    250 Iso-8 - .5%
    Character – 39%
    Of the characters, there is a 64% of a 1* character, 36% of a 2* character.
    So if you count 2* character as 250 ISO and 1* character as 100 ISO you get on average 120,95 ISO per match.

For 50k ISO i need about 413,39 matches. icon_e_smile.gif For approx. 1 match i need about 5 minutes on average.
    Makes about 34 hours gametime to go for my first maxed 2*char. icon_e_smile.gif
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ballaballa wrote:
    Thx everyone. I started to grind Lightning rounds.

I copied the probabilities of the rewards from another thread:
    70 Iso-8 – 32%
    100 Iso-8 – 6.5%
    140 Iso-8-22%
    250 Iso-8 - .5%
    Character – 39%
    Of the characters, there is a 64% of a 1* character, 36% of a 2* character.
    So if you count 2* character as 250 ISO and 1* character as 100 ISO you get on average 120,95 ISO per match.

For 50k ISO i need about 413,39 matches. icon_e_smile.gif For approx. 1 match i need about 5 minutes on average.
    Makes about 34 hours gametime to go for my first maxed 2*char. icon_e_smile.gif

If you can grind the rounds up to 100 points (which is 4 fights off seed teams) you will get ~400 ISO and a standard token from progression and another 70-140 in placement. Getting to 250 (which used to be possible off seeds alone - though my luck hasn't borne this out in the last 3 weeks) that is another standard token and probably another 70-130 ISO in placement awards. If you factor those in the lightning rounds can get you there a little faster than you indicate above. (...though you probably can't grind rounds for 34 straight hours in a 1-2 star transition roster)

• If you can grind the rounds up to 100 points (which is 4 fights off seed teams) you will get ~400 ISO and a standard token from progression and another 70-140 in placement. Getting to 250 (which used to be possible off seeds alone - though my luck hasn't borne this out in the last 3 weeks) that is another standard token and probably another 70-130 ISO in placement awards. If you factor those in the lightning rounds can get you there a little faster than you indicate above. (...though you probably can't grind rounds for 34 straight hours in a 1-2 star transition roster)

Oh yeah you are right. Absolutely forget about the rewards.