Sleep!

Options
yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Sure, you stay up a bit late on a random night for a few more matches; that's cool.

But otherwise, I'm serious people, (and with the very rare exception) this game is not worth losing sleep over or getting up in the middle of the night for or getting up too early for or staying up late regularly for.

It's really not - your lives and families and almost anything else you do is more important and valuable than this.

As frustrating as it is to miss out on covers (I've more than once missed a 3* cover by one or single digit positions), the cover you want and need will always come up again.

Be awesome - look after yourself.

Comments

• Counterpoint:

PAAAAAJHCIMCICEA.jpg
  • yogi wants you to sleep to increase his odds of getting better rewards icon_e_smile.gif *whisper* he is not sleeping.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I completely agree, though sometimes, I'm guilty of missing some sleep in some fashion or another to get in some 'necessary' grinding.

Seriously speaking, since I'm in Transition Land and not a big PvP fan and can't reliably earn my covers through PvP events (hey, it sometimes happens; just not reliably!), missing out on soon-to-be-Essential covers in PvE events has meant a strong possibility of missing out on the following new covers, too (re: Essential nodes are, at times, quite Essential when the super difficult non-Essential nodes have scaled out of range), and unfortunately, it all becomes a huge vicious cycle which - after a point - just becomes really frustrating and old and puts a damper on game enjoyment.

I'm not necessarily chasing a particular cover of that event; I'm chasing the covers that will be released and Essential for future events and the events that follow those and no matter how much that cover ought not mean much and no matter how bleh I find the character to be, it doesn't change the fact that they will be Essential the next time around and a huge help.

... I should change my forum name to CoverChaser or something because really? That's what I feel like I'm doing. I'm chasing soon-to-be-Essential covers over and over and over again ad nauseum because I know that they will be the next Essential character.
  • I did sleep last night! 1:30am to 3am, then 4:30am to 6:30am... but, hey, I got a heroic 10 pack and erm... 1 Mystique cover.

OK, maybe not worth it.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sleep? .... Sleep?! What is this "Sleep" you speak of? It sounds familiar for some reason. Like something from my past. Something from, ....before. Before the constant blur of colored shapes moving around and lining up in neat little rows. I think I remember doing something like that once. Back before "the colored shapes". icon_e_confused.gif

Oh well, if I can't remember it then it must not be important. icon_lol.gif