Progression Rewards

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok so i know there is a fair bit of gripe regarding the lack of HP in PvE progression rewards and i have feel exactly the same way...

but my question is, isn't it safe to assume that as you progress higher, the rewards should be "better"???

now lets just take this heroic for example...

imo rewards up to 20000 seems pretty fair... put then after that is where i feel it's gone a bit wrong...

so yeah...

25000 gives you 1000 iso8.png .. thats pretty sweet... no issue
35000 gives you 1x cardpack.png ... ummm seriously?? good chance that it's really only "worth" 250 iso.. if your lucky 500 iso or even a cover that you require. I reckon it should be at least 2 cardpack.png ...
45000 gives you 500 iso.. what the tiny kitty!?!?! for this progression level it's pretty pathetic
55000 fair enough gives you a feature 3*** .... i can live with this

what are your thoughts?

Comments

• Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree with you mate! icon_cool.gif

The 35,000 & 45,000 rewards were the only one that I did not really feel good about achieving (I was only pushing past them for the star.pngstar.pngstar.png cover that came next kind of thing) as the other ones I was actually happy to score for the effort required to get them.

Good observation on your part... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish they wouldn't be so stingy with ISO and HP in general for progression rewards (as well as tokens as long as the drop rate is so low).

Would it really lower profits so much to do something like:
    20K 500 iso
    25K 25 hp
    30K heroic token
    35K 500 iso [repeating pattern every 5K, with other odd rewards thrown in]

I know the folks that max out get pretty bored with the terrible repetition and no rewards, and even those who don't get to the top will be encouraged by more small rewards that aren't separated by large gaps.
  • I feel the progression reward is pretty weak for people who play PvE a lot but on the other hand the top progression reward (the 3* cover) is usually set at a very generously low number so I guess they view it as balanced. The problem is that as long as you have rubberbanding any threshold that isn't downright insane is just the same thing as giving away covers and D3 doesn't want to do that either. Additionally any tight progression reward thresholds would mean there's no way to hit it if you started the event a day late or so with the current rubberbanding structure.

I think it'd make more sense to have certain challenge milestones for progression instead of a strict number. Maybe open up a special set of Gauntlet like missions once you have certain amount of PvE points that are worth a different type of PvE points on the Gauntlet structure though given we have all this recycled content I'm not putting much faith into anything extra.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The end 3 star.png is usually fairly low. But only if you have the required character for essentials. If not is it ever a slog. Luckily that has only happened to me in two PVE events.
  • Agreed, It was weird seeing a 1000 iso reward BEFORE a 500 iso reward, if nothing I'd have thought they'd come in reverse order, but after 45000 points the reward really should have been more like 1500 or 2000 iso. As for the 35000 milestone, it is a bit of a **** shoot. On the one hand you might get a cover you really want, with a bit of extra luck it might even be a 3* on the other hand it might be total suckage. In my case I pulled a 3* Hood (passive power set), for me this was a bit of a 'meh' moment as I don't care for the character in comics, but I understand he's pretty useful in the 3* bracket.
  • I'd rather get the 1000 iso first then be in a position where I can't possibly get it because I don't have the required character.

I don't think this is strange at all. The major progression rewards are better as you go further. The minor progression rewards are more just reminders of 'hey, you're almost to the next actual progression reward, keep going!'

The minor rewards are more of a psychological trigger as opposed to having this huge gap of nothing that would make the entire process feel more grinding. I honestly wouldn't mind more smaller, smaller rewards in between the top ranks just for that emotional reinforcement.
  • daibar wrote:
    I'd rather get the 1000 iso first then be in a position where I can't possibly get it because I don't have the required character.

I don't think this is strange at all. The major progression rewards are better as you go further. The minor progression rewards are more just reminders of 'hey, you're almost to the next actual progression reward, keep going!'

The minor rewards are more of a psychological trigger as opposed to having this huge gap of nothing that would make the entire process feel more grinding. I honestly wouldn't mind more smaller, smaller rewards in between the top ranks just for that emotional reinforcement.

Doesn't 20 ISO give you enough emotional reinforcement already? People are so greedy around here.