Token Rotation?

Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So uh, I forget. Did they say they were going to rotate at the beginning of every season?

If so, could we get an update on what's coming in (Blade? Mystique?) and what's going out? I got some tokens I want to open, but I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

icon_e_surprised.gif

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait for 4* thor anyway, is what i'm doing.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, they said every season. But not which ones would be next.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    They said they would change the rotation every season. They also stated they would give us some advance notice. Hopefully they'll post something tomorrow or Tuesday.

I've been saving my tokens this season - they haven't archived a single character I've max covered. I think come Friday I will have a little spree...
  • Spoit
    I hope they rotate IW out when they get around to putting FT in
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    From my understanding, there will be some kind of rotation every season.
    I think it was implied that "vaulting" could last longer than 1 season, particularly if those characters were being tweaked.

What we should expect is at least 1 of the current 6 in the vault to be brought back into rotation. Although I think HT, Patch and Punisher are likely to return. I would hope that Doom, Loki, and Ragnarok make a comeback when they have a 3rd power. (If I had to plan it, I'd release a 3rd power for Doom in Season 8. But I'd hold off until the end of Season 9 for Loki and Ragnarok, and run a big Rumble in Asgard event alongside the "official" release of 4* Thor. That's what I'd do if I had to plan it.)

More importantly, if they're adding 2 new characters, they actually need to have 8 in the vault in order to keep the current percentages intact. Assuming the 2powers stay in and the others get swapped out, we need to send another 5 away. I think GSBW, Iron Man and Spider-Man could all probably take a break. Possibly Captain Rogers, since he seems to have had quite a few covers given out, and I'm going to guess Black Panther, since he's had a few covers available/been featured recently.

TL;DR: I expect HT, Patch, Punisher to be back in. Blade (and Mystique?) added to tokens. GSBW, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain Rogers, and Black Panther to be vaulted.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Mawtful wrote:
    I would hope that Doom, Loki, and Ragnarok make a comeback when they have a 3rd power.

I'm torn on this. I would love to see Doom and Rags get third powers from one point of view, but after seeing how 2* Daken's Chemical Reaction changed the game in PVE (towards being far far more painful), particularly at high scaled difficulty, I started to get a sense that the devs reluctance to modify ("look forward, not backward") wrt/ the villain characters might be a blessing in disguise -- and keep my mashochistic tendencies in check.

If Chemical Reaction every 2-3 turns is as bad as it is, can you imagine what 3 power Venom/Rags might turn out like? icon_twisted.gif. I shudder to think. Some doors are best left unopened...
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Were any of the 2 power 3*s vaulted? It would be a nice surprise if we get the third powers to them with Season 8.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    From my understanding, there will be some kind of rotation every season.
    I think it was implied that "vaulting" could last longer than 1 season, particularly if those characters were being tweaked.

What we should expect is at least 1 of the current 6 in the vault to be brought back into rotation. Although I think HT, Patch and Punisher are likely to return. I would hope that Doom, Loki, and Ragnarok make a comeback when they have a 3rd power. (If I had to plan it, I'd release a 3rd power for Doom in Season 8. But I'd hold off until the end of Season 9 for Loki and Ragnarok, and run a big Rumble in Asgard event alongside the "official" release of 4* Thor. That's what I'd do if I had to plan it.)

More importantly, if they're adding 2 new characters, they actually need to have 8 in the vault in order to keep the current percentages intact. Assuming the 2powers stay in and the others get swapped out, we need to send another 5 away. I think GSBW, Iron Man and Spider-Man could all probably take a break. Possibly Captain Rogers, since he seems to have had quite a few covers given out, and I'm going to guess Black Panther, since he's had a few covers available/been featured recently.

TL;DR: I expect HT, Patch, Punisher to be back in. Blade (and Mystique?) added to tokens. GSBW, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain Rogers, and Black Panther to be vaulted.

RUMBLE IN ASGARD!

Devs, if any awesome idea was ever thrown into your lap, this is it.
  • Maybe they should vault the weak characters instead (like Beast, Colossus etc, NP called them Bird Fossils iirc). The underused and underpowered 3* characters, so they can tweak them.
  • Spoit
    camichan wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    I would hope that Doom, Loki, and Ragnarok make a comeback when they have a 3rd power.

I'm torn on this. I would love to see Doom and Rags get third powers from one point of view, but after seeing how 2* Daken's Chemical Reaction changed the game in PVE (towards being far far more painful), particularly at high scaled difficulty, I started to get a sense that the devs reluctance to modify ("look forward, not backward") wrt/ the villain characters might be a blessing in disguise -- and keep my mashochistic tendencies in check.

If Chemical Reaction every 2-3 turns is as bad as it is, can you imagine what 3 power Venom/Rags might turn out like? icon_twisted.gif. I shudder to think. Some doors are best left unopened...
    Rags is the only one that's in pves relatively often, and let's be honest, he might actually be less of a threat than moonstone
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    My theoretically solid guesstimate is that the characters appearing in that season's Lightning Rounds are due to next be rotated out.

Therefore, I am predicting an announcement at almost any time that some combination of GSBW, IM40, Hulk, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Daken, Sentry, Magneto, Hood and/or Doc Ock, will be out. If we break that done further Magento and Daken were just redone and Doc Ock is likely too new and given Hood is a cover reward now, let's remove them too.

So out next season will likely be one or more of GSBW, IM40, Hulk, Psylocke, She-Hulk and Sentry.

We really have no way of predicting who is coming back in, but it will be a gradual rotation of characters now.
  • If they keep this horrible, horrible idea, do mind that more and more heroes will be blocked each season. Each x new characters added in season = 'vault' having x more heroes to keep the % same.
  • I hope LittleBunnyPunPun is back in at least icon_e_smile.gif
    Nivrax wrote:
    If they keep this horrible, horrible idea, do mind that more and more heroes will be blocked each season. Each x new characters added in season = 'vault' having x more heroes to keep the % same.
    I like to think this is a placeholder solution and they come with a better one very soon. I actually don't like vaulting with all the mediocre and weak new characters about.
    Our first rotation will happen on October 17th with Season 7.

In: Beast, Captain Marvel, Colossus, Deadpool, Doctor Octopus, She-Hulk
    Out: Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Human Torch (Classic), Loki, Ragnarok, Wolverine (Patch), Punisher
    So we might have updates to Doom, Loki and Ragnarok it seems but I'm not hoping for anything as usual.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    yogi_ wrote:
    My theoretically solid guesstimate is that the characters appearing in that season's Lightning Rounds are due to next be rotated out.

Therefore, I am predicting an announcement at almost any time that some combination of GSBW, IM40, Hulk, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Daken, Sentry, Magneto, Hood and/or Doc Ock, will be out. If we break that done further Magento and Daken were just redone and Doc Ock is likely too new and given Hood is a cover reward now, let's remove them too.

So out next season will likely be one or more of GSBW, IM40, Hulk, Psylocke, She-Hulk and Sentry.

We really have no way of predicting who is coming back in, but it will be a gradual rotation of characters now.
    Didn't they mention tweaking Sentry anyway? Other than that, there are no huge powerhouses on the list, so it might be the ones getting vaulted.
    I'll add a suggestion though: Bullseye. When Torchling was added to the tokens, Bag-man was pulled, so the two-stars are saturated too. If someone has to be pulled to make room for Ms Marvel, Bullseye is the most logical choice as he is the only two-star with two powers.
  • yogi_ wrote:

I like your thinking. To go further, I would rank them in order of most likely as follows:

IM40
    GSBW
    Hulk
    Psylocke
    She-Hulk
    Sentry

I might switch GSBW with Hulk, but I didn't since I consider Hulk more of a transition necessity than GSBW.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit wrote:
    I hope they rotate IW out when they get around to putting FT in
    There's no need to vault 4* characters yet, since there are so few available... Unless they to plan to re-rebalance her.