Roughly how much have you spent?

Options
stryke
stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
No need to go into specifics if you want as this is entirely idle curiosity. Personally I've brought maybe three Agency Expenses of Hero Points in my time in the game which is more than I've sunk into any other 'free'-to-play mobile game. Probably wouldn't have brought the third one, but that one year anniversary was so awesome I figures that was worth money in the figurative tip jar.

Not exactly got a competitive roster, though I do have one maxed three star after over 200 days played and some others that are progressing in a reasonable direction.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't think I'm a whale, but I've bought the "popular choice" HP when it's on special a number of times. I don't have a competitive roster either (2 maxed 3*), but I also don't like playing smart and tend to try my luck with event tokens when I have the HP burning a hole in my pocket.
  • Depending on how you look at it, I've spent either $20 or $220 on the game.

When I started playing, I enjoyed the game and spent $20 doing the popular HP choice (can't remember how much it was, don't think there were any specials going on but maybe) as a way of supporting it.

Late spring/early summer I won a few competitions at work, and ended up with $200 in Google Play gift cards. At one time thought about selling them off, but that didn't end up happening and I decided to keep them for myself. Since the girlfriend enjoys match-3 games too, I figured it would be better to use the cards on a game that we both can have fun playing on my phone (as opposed to something like Clash of Clans, which would be only for me).

Had I not won the gift cards, there is a very good chance that I would not have spent more than $20 on the game, but its hard to say.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm averaging about $5 a month. I'm pretty happy with that.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm averaging about $5 a month. I'm pretty happy with that.

My answer would be the same as yours if you added a few more zeros. I really am beginning to think that I might have an addiction.
  • I started playing during a sale, I believe it was Valentine's Day. Being new, and having just received my tax refund check, I bought $200 worth of ISO and HP. Can't even remember what I did with it, but probably blew it on bad choices. Other than that, only the occasional $5 purchase here and there.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine works out to be about $0.075 per hour played.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There should be something in between whale and steam game. I've spend far more than what a game costs, but I don't consider myself a whale. I think I've spent around 150-200€ on the game. I've been playing almost a year already (since they release it on steam), so not that bad.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    $300.00 to date. 1x $100 steam ISO+HP bundle early on. 2x Stark Salary since.

I've never spent a dime on any other F2P game either so this is unusual for me. That said, I have no regrets.
    According to steam I've invested 2347 hours into the game. That's money well spent given the value.

Note 1: I have no plans to ever spend any more on the game. I've accomplished all my major goals and I'm content playing with the game's regular progression going forward. The toughest part of this decision is accepting that Lady Thor will take me about a year to finish rather than just 3-4 months.

Note 2: The steam hours are misleading...I frequently leave the game on to access in game chat with my alliance. Even so, I've easily spent more time with this game than I would have with $300.00 worth of traditional games.
  • the first start hero slot
  • Maybe $20.

I started playing when they were having a sale and just assumed that it would always be going on. Big mistake!