UI QoL suggestions

dkffiv
dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
There definitely some small things that could be done to the pre-battle UI that would cause a lot less frustration.

Character selection:
When I have a slot selected and I pick a character I expect the character to go there. If the character is already in the group, swap it to that position. Its stupid that I need to select a different character, place another character in the other slot, then re select the character to get the lineup I want. Just swap the characters in the lineup so I don't have to go through all those steps to accomplish the same goal.
(Example: I have IM35 Storm MBW in my lineup and I want IM35 to go center. I should be able to select the middle slot and click on IM35, causing the lineup to shift to Storm IM35 MBW)

This is especially frustrating when changing the version of a character. If I have IM35 in the right slot and try to place IM40 in the left slot, don't put IM40 in the right slot. Swap whoever was currently in the left slot to the right slot and put IM40 where I intended him to go. I've gone into battle with terrible teams or accidently wasted health kits several times because of this (I just had this happening this morning when I went into the simulator with the wrong team because I was using 2* Wolverine in PvE and when I selected Xforce it placed him in the wrong spot of the lineup and removed one of my regulars).

For Combined Arms deselect a character if I want to use a different rarity. If a player only had 2*/1* Storm and Black Widow for their lower rarity, it would be impossible to switch between those versions unless you went into a Prologue battle to change the lineup. If I currently have 2* Daken in my lineup and want to use 3* instead, change the 2* spot to an empty slot and do what I intended to do.

For Team Ups and boosts pre-match:
Do not deselect team ups, ever. It is incredibly annoying to have to add them every time, especially in PvE. Leave them in the slots but put a giant red "LOCKED" over them. If I want to swap them to ones I can use in the match that's my choice. This applies to if I have the same or different rarity of a character in the lineup or if the enemy team has the character in PvE. Add a tutorial bubble stating that you cannot use team ups of enemies in PvE or your own characters so new people will not get confused.

Slightly off topic but I would suggest that the player's team up choice should trump the AI's in PvE. If I try to include a Yelena Team Up when the computer already has one, its Team Up gets rerolled to a new one. There may be some argument that this could potentially give the player a one up but the AI cheats so badly with its excessive scaling that I don't think its an issue.

For boosts I would prefer it to leave empty boost slots with a giant 0 and a red "EMPTY" message over the center, with the familiar "boost more" message underneath to allow me to restock boosts faster rather than having to fumble through menus.

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    dkffiv wrote:
    For boosts I would prefer it to leave empty boost slots with a giant 0 and a red "EMPTY" message over the center, with the familiar "boost more" message underneath to allow me to restock boosts faster rather than having to fumble through menus.

So much this! This can shave priceless time off of a shield hop and be the difference between getting hit or not.