PVE node point values showing up on PVE map

RemoDestroyer
RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
Is it possible to have the current point values of individual PvE nodes show up on the PvE node map screen? I usually try to follow the route on the first play through but when I'm grinding I want to play the nodes that reward the most points first. That usually means clicking on most nodes and backing out to find what I'm looking for. If the current point values showed up on the main screen I could pick the node I want right away. This isn't really a huge problem but I feel it can eliminate some of the tedious clicking in grinding PvEs. That would help make pve less painful to play.

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    That would help make pve less painful to play.
    Not necessarily.

Keep in mind that the introduction of node refresh timers almost certainly made PVE far more brutal, because now the "normals" could easily figure out optimal grinding schedules. The same goes for optimizing node-clear order: allowing direct visual comparison of node values makes clear optimization far more obvious. I, for one, would prefer not to level that playing field.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    "normals" might catch up. But likely only briefly. The "addicts" will soon find the advantage again. I don't think this change changes game mechanics just slightly adjusts strategy.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    "normals" might catch up. But likely only briefly. The "addicts" will soon find the advantage again. I don't think this change changes game mechanics just slightly adjusts strategy.
    I don't think it's entirely a matter of simply being addicted to grinding nodes. It's about having the specific motivation to figure out optimal strategies--to realize that there's even strategy involved in optimizing a certain way.

I'm selfishly partial to not making our strategery dead-simple for the masses.