Suggested modifications for burst healing

Spiritclaw
Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
I mostly like the effect the burst healing change has had on the game, as last at the two star level. Black widow feels like a normal two star now, rather than a character completely crucial for extended play. However, it now feels like busrst healing makes some characters weaker than intended. To fix this, I suggest the following:

Allow the burst healing to pad a characters hit points to slightly over full. For example, let's say a she-hulk with the green covers could burst heal to 110 percent of a characters total hp. Suddenly, if one or more characters are as full health, they still receive some benefit from the heal. Perhaps at five green covers, she can heal a character to 120% instead, making a healing focused build a bit more viable.

By making this change variable by character and covers, you give yourself additional options in character design and balancing, and can make a weaker ability a little bit stronger where appropriate.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    This seems like a perfectly legit concept that has models in lots of other games (or real life - I'm looking at you, caffeine!).
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has been suggested before. Another tweak to this idea that has been suggested many times when this idea comes up is changing this from a "burst of health" to a "shield" that has to be broken before any additional damage can be inflicted.

These "shields" could either be separate for each team member (effectively the same as how they currently act, except with the bonus of going over 100%)
    OR
    a single shield for the whole team (this would require reworking the levels a little higher than they currently are, but minimize the risk of a character hiding in back and ending up with 40k of shield built up.)

I always like to think of it like the body armor that old FPS games had.
    GoldenEye%20007-3.jpg

Either way, I think there should be a cap as far as how much buffer health should be able to be built up.
  • EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Or split the heal quantum - part true heal, part ingame heal?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    EstherC wrote:
    Or split the heal quantum - part true heal, part ingame heal?

The problem with part true heal & part in game heal is that it returns Prologue Healing, but makes it more of a grind than it was before.