How do you guys plan on spending your alliance HP refund?

Options
lukewin
lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Just wondering how you guys plan on spending your alliance roster spot HP refunds? Since I'm a F2P player, I have nothing coming back, but I am interested to see how you guys plan on using your HP. Roster spots, ISO, healthpacks, shieldhopping, covers? Also interested in seeing how much you guys are expecting back / spent in the first place. I wonder how players that don't visit the forums, that bought alliance roster spots, are gonna react. I assume that there will be a pop up that explains where the HP is coming from, not just a bump in their HP amount.

Comments

• kaepamerica7
    Options
    Are you saying if we spent HP buying alliance roster spots we will get refunded those hero points?
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That is indeed what is happening if you check out the *update* from hi-fi at the top of the general discussion page (or news & announcements page).

As for me, I am also F2P, but having been in the game maybe 6 months at the time I went ahead and opened up one or two spots in our secondary alliance to help spread the MPQ love. I think it's only one spot and was like 1300 hp or something, so I'll probably spend it on the usual, roster slots and shields.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's only 2 ways to spend it....

1) Responsible way = roster slots for the future.
    or
    2) Fun way = Lady Thor covers.

I'm only getting about 1400 or so back (I don't remember exactly) so mine goes towards either 1 or 2 roster slots (they cost me 800hp each these days)
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Roster spots, probably.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    use them to keep playing
  • I'm getting close to 5k back, so 3 roster spots, and the rest for shields. I may buy in to one of those hp paid pvps too if one pops up after this season finishes.
  • Nice, now they know how they can make you spend the HP they are getting back : release more characters. (joking)

I'm getting 2300 HP back if I remember well. Or slightly more.

It will pay my shield hopping and additional roster slots.
  • Teddybabes
    Teddybabes Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    I have 45 roster slots, how many more do I need in the near future?

I will get back HP for all 15 slots, so thats a lot of HP to spend. I guess Xforce could use some, I have him at 2/2/2 now.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    babinro wrote:
    There's only 2 ways to spend it....

1) Responsible way = roster slots for the future.
    or
    2) Fun way = Lady Thor covers.

I'm only getting about 1400 or so back (I don't remember exactly) so mine goes towards either 1 or 2 roster slots (they cost me 800hp each these days)

I'm going FUN WAY! I spent about 1k for a slot, and was never expecting to get that back.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    I paid for a few high end spots, so I should be getting back quite a bit. I'm thinking a few roster spots and maybe an extra Thoress cover or two.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wont be getting jack, even though I have opened 4 or 5 slots over 2 alliances in the past.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll buy more roster slots and my get some cover for my LDaken, not sure yet.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My alliance members need it more than me. I've asked if D3P can give 1000 each to them from my refund. The alliance never read here, so I'm safe mentioning it.

Except Wolveroach, he always reads over my shoulder.

I know it's unlikely that D3P will do that for me, if they don't I'll probably just spend it on a 42-pack when Thora is in one, and that would be a waste.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would be nice if D3 could respond to my ticket and let me know if I'm even going to get a refund =/
  • Would be nice if D3 could respond to my ticket and let me know if I'm even going to get a refund =/

Everyone in getting a refund. Read the Alliance Slot Update Thread.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would be nice if D3 could respond to my ticket and let me know if I'm even going to get a refund =/

Huh, didn't notice that. He seems to say two things in that news thread.
    1) We'll refund all HP spent in october towards alliances.
    2) We'll refund all HP spent on slots abover the initial 5.

Was that second thing added later? Because it seems to say if you spent any HP on alliances outside of actually forming one you'll get a refund, which kinda renders the first point moot.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Huh, didn't notice that. He seems to say two things in that news thread.
    1) We'll refund all HP spent in october towards alliances.
    2) We'll refund all HP spent on slots abover the initial 5.

Was that second thing added later? Because it seems to say if you spent any HP on alliances outside of actually forming one you'll get a refund, which kinda renders the first point moot.

It was posted in a separate thread form the original announcement a few days later.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i've already gotten 1300 back from buying my alt account's alliance a couple slots, and now i'm getting back all the HP from funding my old alliance(iggyfenton) by myself all the way to 20 slots....Thorina covers here i come! icon_e_smile.gificon_lol.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • I funded every spot in my alliance except one. I wish I could give some to my crew. I'll probably max thoress and blade.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got a reply to my request to give 1000 HP to each of "my guys".
    Greetings D3P Customer,

Thank you for your email in regards to the recent change in Alliance slots.

We will be issuing a Hero Point refund to all players who opened additional Alliance member slots (beyond 5) since we began offering the feature.

We hope to be able to begin offering the Hero Point refunds later this week. There's some back-end tech involved in making this happen that we're still getting in place. You won't need to do anything special, you'll simply see the refunds in-game. We'll make an announcement on the forums when we begin issuing the Hero Point refunds.

For some additional insight, here is a link to the official post regarding this issue:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18674

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Someone didn't read what I wrote. So I sent back a reply:
    Cool, I know all that. The question was, can I gift 1000 HP to each of the members of my alliance in lieu of the refund, retaining only 500 HP for myself?

I got another reply:
    Thank you for contacting D3P Customer Support.

Currently there are no known plans to implement trading between players.

We take our customer's feedback very seriously and we will certainly discuss it with the rest of the team and take it into consideration for the next update.

I have personally added your feedback to our database. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Someone didn't read what I wrote, I wanted to gift, not trade.

<sigh> 42 pack of Thora covers it is then. Not Mystique, the drop rate sucks mightily.