remove commander

My alliance, DTx Syndicate, has a member who was given commander status by her (now ex) boyfriend. She has since all but stopped playing and refuses to relinquish the rank. Frankly, we are all sick of her and she's only still on this game to about the rest of us. Is there any way to remove her?

Comments

• DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    You should try to send a ticket to CS and ask them to remove her commander status.
    After that you will be able to kick her.

If she has stopped playing for some weeks they should accept your request easily.
    But if she keeps connecting and playing occasionally this may be more problematic and you'll have to be convincing enough icon_e_wink.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that alliance spots are free, just leave her there and go form a new alliance.

And you should leave the boyfriend behind too, for such an egregious violation of the bro code. Making your gf a commander??? For crissakes...
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Now that alliance spots are free, just leave her there and go form a new alliance.

And you should leave the boyfriend behind too, for such an egregious violation of the bro code. Making your gf a commander??? For crissakes...
    It's one thing if it's a long standing relationship of multiple years, but yeah in general it's a poor idea. Starting a new alliance may be a better option at this point since it's so easy to do. Let everyone else know in your alliance that you plan to start the new Alliance, and they should follow.
  • This has been an issue that has bothered me for a while. I dont understand why they cant just make a distinction between alliance leader and a commander. Leader should be able to remove commanders without having to go through the help desk ticket process. And jumping ship to form a whole new alliance just to get rid of someone that wont leave ....just seems like there should be an easier way then this...
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

Bro code is important, yes. But the wife tax will beat it everytime. I started my first alliance with me, my wife and 3 others in a 5 member alliance. As we grew bigger and had a chance to become T100, something had to be done. She was only a casual player, as in, only logged in a couple times a week. Even if she was not a commander, I couldn't just kick my wife! I don't like sleeping on the couch very much, it kind of gives me a stiff neck and back. And yes, I'm speaking from experience.

My advice, be very careful in these situations.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bro code is important, yes. But the wife tax will beat it everytime.
    wife > gf
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Bro code is important, yes. But the wife tax will beat it everytime.
    wife > gf

Most wives were once a girlfriend. Typically they have proven themselves over the course of a number of years to be a girlfriend of such high caliber that are worth a legally binding relationship.