You know you've made it on the forums when...

Options
yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
...a familiar name goes up against you in a game and you don't even care about the outcome because it's so exciting to see someone you know.

And even a tiny bit nicer when that person gives you some points icon_razz.gif, particularly when their awesome roster could have eaten yours for breakfast icon_lol.gif .

Comments

• Yogi I think I've seen you queued up in PVP before and I had to skip cause I just couldn't handle with the repercussions I might face on here haha icon_lol.gif
  • yogi_
    Options
    Nick-Thor wrote:
    Yogi I think I've seen you queued up in PVP before and I had to skip cause I just couldn't handle with the repercussions I might face on here haha icon_lol.gif

Haha, you are very kind, but you can hit me next time. I usually don't do so well in PvP, so at least if I am going to miss out on stuff, it's nicer that someone from here has gained.

Now to plan my revenge and/or pre-emptive strike...
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yogi you have previously beaten me in PVP icon_e_sad.gif

I always crack a smile when I see a familiar name from here in my queue. THEN I CRUSH THEM*

*Occasionally squeak past them unconvincingly, or just skip it altogether as they would destroy my puny line up
  • yogi_
    Options
    y2fitzy wrote:
    Yogi you have previously beaten me in PVP icon_e_sad.gif

I always crack a smile when I see a familiar name from here in my queue. THEN I CRUSH THEM*

*Occasionally squeak past them unconvincingly, or just skip it altogether as they would destroy my puny line up

icon_lol.gif. I'm sorry icon_twisted.gif . It was probably an accident. My stellar PvP record highlighting my vast collection of 2*'s (with only a single OBW) would confirm this.*

*What I mean to say was, I think you have mistaken me for the other yogi__ - my twin (see two underscores).**

**Mental note to self - from now on, seek out and slaughter y2fitzy every game you have the chance to - he must not be allowed to sidetrack your PvP dreams.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The names on this forum are usually so small and out the way I don't notice them enough to take stock of regulars 8S
  • I tend to skip people i recognize here, with the odd exceptions of those that annoy me, but i hardly ever see Arktos in pvp. He must be a cheater, with a roster like that, or spend an obscene amount of mon........OHH

Plus i never see Phantron above 700 so thats another one i cant hit...hmmm ok new plan, start hitting regular forumites, WATCH OUT HAILMARY, i don't care if your in my alliance, YOU GOING DOWN GIRL
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @ nick-thor, How much for lions and zebras?
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I get the opposite, I seem to get hit a lot by forum goers and people I recognize on here.
  • @ nick-thor, How much for lions and zebras?

Lions = 100 HP per lion
    Zebra = 200 HP per zebra
    Shipping anywhere in America = 50 HP
    Freight Insurance = 50HP
    ISO-8 charge = equivent of taking xf from 1->230

Whew, I'm starting to sound like D3's finance department
  • Raekwen wrote:
    I get the opposite, I seem to get hit a lot by forum goers and people I recognize on here.

You hit me 3 times in a PvP a while back and I couldn't understand why. I kept losing 15 to 18 and then got to retaliate for 30-35. I was hoping you would keep going during the next event too, but I haven't seen you since.
  • I tend to skip people i recognize here, with the odd exceptions of those that annoy me, but i hardly ever see Arktos in pvp. He must be a cheater, with a roster like that, or spend an obscene amount of mon........OHH

Plus i never see Phantron above 700 so thats another one i cant hit...hmmm ok new plan, start hitting regular forumites, WATCH OUT HAILMARY, i don't care if your in my alliance, YOU GOING DOWN GIRL

Funny, I have you in my Shield Sim as a retaliation currently. Either I am fairly unknown, or I just annoy you icon_razz.gif
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    Raekwen wrote:

You hit me 3 times in a PvP a while back and I couldn't understand why. I kept losing 15 to 18 and then got to retaliate for 30-35. I was hoping you would keep going during the next event too, but I haven't seen you since.

Hmm, maybe I hit you on the way up? If so, I probably wasn't watching really closely. I was more referring to during hops.
  • I don't really look at the names in PVP, but I do notice names in PVE leaderboards. Which I find pretty cool!
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I never actually look at who I'm attacking, just how much they're worth. It's the businessman in me: Everybody's just a number waiting to be cashed in.

*Edit for spelling.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see a lot of forum goers at the top of my brackets, as I look up from the bottom. icon_lol.gif
  • dragma wrote:
    I tend to skip people i recognize here, with the odd exceptions of those that annoy me, but i hardly ever see Arktos in pvp. He must be a cheater, with a roster like that, or spend an obscene amount of mon........OHH

Funny, I have you in my Shield Sim as a retaliation currently. Either I am fairly unknown, or I just annoy you icon_razz.gif
    I don't know you enough for you to be annoying, but that could soon change if you retaliate icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    dragma wrote:
    I don't know you enough for you to be annoying, but that could soon change if you retaliate icon_e_smile.gif
    DO IT, DRAGMA! icon_twisted.gif

DO ITTTTTT!!!!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eh, I don't really pay attention to names anymore, as I usually don't play at the same times/levels as many in my alliance. I gave up on trying to skip forumites and just hit anything that has points now.
  • .....you type in your login and password, then hit enter.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    ...a familiar name goes up against you in a game and you don't even care about the outcome because it's so exciting to see someone you know.

And even a tiny bit nicer when that person gives you some points icon_razz.gif, particularly when their awesome roster could have eaten yours for breakfast icon_lol.gif .

With the current cascades or terrible board, you can lose matches more often than before.