reward top 100 alliance

I know there is no bracket for alliances.

But shall it be possible to have a cover for pvp reward alliance in the top 150 ?

My point is that we grew a top 20 alliance with everyone between 700 and 1000 points in each PvP.

it seems not so bad but it becomes impossible to reach the top 100 alliance.

Everyone contributes, with quite good score. After, it is just impossible to go over 800 or 900.
Just an idea cause it doesn t worth it to fight if we know it s imossible, even if all members of an alliance gets 700 to 1000 points an more.

Comments

• Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Hey Darek! icon_cool.gif

Your alliance must be very close to the Top 100 unless you are overestimating the contribution of each member (usually a few members of each alliance in different PvP don't post score as high as usual for different reasons).

I did a quick calculation...in the last PvP (Blade) our alliance posted a score of 16516 (so an average of 825 per member) & that was good for rank #73. From what I have seen in the last few weeks (I might be wrong but that is what I think I observed), usually 15000 or so seems to be enough to break the Top 100 which means an average of around 750 per member of a 20 slot alliance.

There is always variations for each member score (some higher & some lower than the alliance average) but if your average is around that mark or if all your alliance member post somewhere between 700 to 1000 in a PvP as you mentioned, in my opinion that should give you enough to break the Top 100 line or be very close to it...

Keep at it...your alliance seems to be on a good path!

Good luck!

EDIT: I do agree with you on the fact that the alliance reward structure might have to be adjusted to the fact that every single alliance is now a 20 members one as there will probably be more competition at the top for those precious placement rewards. Top 100 might become more & more difficult to achieve so maybe a secondary tier of rewards might be a good thing.
  • Thank you for your answer...

Unfortunatly, i think that if every player in the alliance does at least 700, it is not enough. I don't want to ask my team to use real money. Above 800, you have to be quite a good player. Already with 700.

If 700 X 20 is not enough, it is a shame that if we are 110th, we have the same rewards as the 249th. And 700 X 20 is quite good for an alliance i think.

My point is : If we do all we can (and not so bad in my mind) without rewards, the members of the team will be discouraged and they will play less...

They really should rewards alliance in PvP in the top 150. i'm afraid my alliance shall fall appart, being involved without rewards...
  • It's hard to compare to the earlier seasons b/c the number of events per season changed, and I don't feel like doing the math, but I suspect you are quite correct that rewards haven't scaled to match the growth in the player base. For seasons 1-3, we had to average about 500 points to keep in the top 100. Now, averaging 750 points (we're in 99th) is barely sufficient.

I agree - they either need to expand the season cover to top 125 or top 150, or make the rewards more granular and worthwhile for the "near miss" rankings (101-250).
  • I support the expansion of the covers to top 150 alliances or further. I have extensive data going back to season IV (when we expanded to 20 members) for my alliance. I have a very strong and active alliance but despite improving our scores significantly and placing well overall, we just can't seem to get top 100 for any desirable covers this season. The last three events our team averaged 783, 771, and 772 per member and still didn't place in the top 100 or get any covers for our work. I think it's very discouraging that we can be all participating at a very high level and not receive the rewards we've come to expect from this level of play. Please expand to covers reward to reflect the same percentage of player base it began as.
  • Mirwen wrote:
    The last three events our team averaged 783, 771, and 772 per member and still didn't place in the top 100 or get any covers for our work. I think it's very discouraging that we can be all participating at a very high level and not receive the rewards we've come to expect from this level of play. Please expand to covers reward to reflect the same percentage of player base it began as.

I totally agree...A team with 20 x 700 or more is a very active team.

Moreover, it is very discouraging to see that the top 10 in a PvP is above 1200 points...Crazy. The big risk is people won't fight any more. I have several members of my team who are fed up fighting for nothing. And i can't disagree.

It is the same rewards since saison 1 for alliance, but some people play more, and the multiplication 20 slots alliances w'on't make things easier. So, 2 choices...Expand the alliance reward or see people giving up. I've been playing for 310 days and i'm quite fed up with that (with the fact that i'm rarely in top 25, which was easier before. When you're 10, you only see 270/249/270. Not even a chance to see people with my strengh)...
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Part of the problem is that the same alliances are getting the top ranks. The ones that don't need the covers anyway. They just score high to keep up season rankings. Which makes it harder for others. If you can't get the covers to expand your roster, then how can you compete? Stuck in a never ending loop of catch 22. Finding a solution for this may not be so easy though.
  • Teddybabes
    Teddybabes Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Just expand the rewards. It is kinda stupid that a hard fighting alliance gets at 101 and recieves a top 250 reward.

My alliance has been top 150. If there only had been a reward there...

Those Überultrasupermega alliances should get their own bracket. Thanks to moment 22 no other alliance can get in the top. So bracket for alliances would be a start.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    D3 knows how many people are playing, rewards should be expanded to accommodate the growing player base. There are an unlimited number of brackets for the main event but the alliance bracket is currently locked to the top 100 (2000 players). If everyone in an alliance is placing at least top 50 (if not 100) in their bracket it should be reasonable to assume they are also in a top 100 alliance. Lightning Rounds could probably also do for an expansion as more and more are playing and everyone is dumped into one giant bracket as far as I can tell.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Darek wrote:
    My point is : If we do all we can (and not so bad in my mind) without rewards, the members of the team will be discouraged and they will play less...

They really should rewards alliance in PvP in the top 150. i'm afraid my alliance shall fall appart, being involved without rewards...
    While I think they should reexamine alliance reward tiers after people get used to the HP-free 20-man alliance setup, the argument you're using isn't a great one. I'm sure there are alliances of 1*s out there who also fight pretty hard, yet fail to get T250. There are undoubtedly also alliances who don't have a full ccmplement of 20 members, yet each member plays hard very consistently (possibly regularly outscoringyour members on a regular basis).

There are also many, many 20-man alliances in the same T101-250 group. I'll wager that most of them are 20-man alliances. It makes little sense for any one of them to fall apart, since members of such an alliance who perform at roughly the same level (the way your alliancemates seem to) have very few clearly better alternatives available to them.

Moreover, you're not getting the coveted alliance 3* cover, but you are getting alliance rewards for T250 placement. Thus, it's not at all a question of whether you get any rewards at all. It's a question of whether you should get the T100 3* cover, which is a more nuanced question that doesn't involve vague fairness arguments so much as arguments based on a better progression rate for dedicated 2* players.
    Teddybabes wrote:
    Just expand the rewards. It is kinda stupid that a hard fighting alliance gets at 101 and recieves a top 250 reward.

My alliance has been top 150. If there only had been a reward there...
    If there was a T150 tier, people barely missing that tier would complain about exactly what you're complaining about: "my hard fighting alliance got #151 and received the T400 reward. No fair!" Such is the nature of having placement rewards at all, period. The same goes for the player who missed individual T5 by 1 point, or even miss a coveted 1300 4* cover by 2 points.
    Teddybabes wrote:
    Those Überultrasupermega alliances should get their own bracket. Thanks to moment 22 no other alliance can get in the top. So bracket for alliances would be a start.
    If you're complaining about not making T100, you're a long, long way from even considering "get[ting] in the top." This silly "get all the top alliances outta my face, son" bracketing scheme would accomplish nothing more meaningful than what an unbracketed expansion of reward tiers would accomplish. Any less absurd alliance bracketing scheme would involve proportionally shrinking alliance reward tiers, and I'd hate to see your raging if you happen to get bracketed with more monster alliances than you personally want.
  • HailMary wrote:
    While I think they should reexamine alliance reward tiers after people get used to the HP-free 20-man alliance setup, the argument you're using isn't a great one. I'm sure there are alliances of 1*s out there who also fight pretty hard, yet fail to get T250. There are undoubtedly also alliances who don't have a full ccmplement of 20 members, yet each member plays hard very consistently (possibly regularly outscoringyour members on a regular basis).

Yes, but the 1* aren't playing for 300 hundreds days. The reward of a cover should get to 150, and the other rewards goes to 300. So many payers in teams are running to 1300 Points, but not till season 4 or 5.
    HailMary wrote:
    There are also many, many 20-man alliances in the same T101-250 group. I'll wager that most of them are 20-man alliances. It makes little sense for any one of them to fall apart, since members of such an alliance who perform at roughly the same level (the way your alliancemates seem to) have very few clearly better alternatives available to them.

Yes, but my point is it is getting worst and worst. Even if we do better than before, it is not enough. So the point is i feel powerless to be good at this game without spending (lot of) money. So the top 100 alliance (As X-men, X-men 2 who have already all the covers) will fight each other, and it is getting pay to win more and more.

It is such as if a 100 m run was organised, and only those running under 10 seconds are qualified...I can train, i can fight, but i won't never get under 10 seconds...So, i have no other choice than giving up.
  • HailMary:

Maybe as a member of a top alliance you aren't seeing the changes that are happening at the 75-125 range. I'm not complaining because I want to be in a top 100 alliance. I am the commander of what, until a couple of weeks ago was a top 100 alliance. We've been finishing 80-85 for many months now. However, something changed recently and despite having the same team members and improving our scores by over 10% over last season (we now average 731 per member per event over the season), we are suddenly shut out. All but one of our members reached the 7500 point season progression reward. If that isn't good enough to get any covers, what do they expect from a top alliance? It seems the standard has changed.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Darek wrote:
    The reward of a cover should get to 150, and the other rewards goes to 300.
    I think that'd be a good way to adjust to the expanding and maturing playerbase. But, if we're expanding to T150, why not T250 for a 3* cover? What about people like Teddybabes, whose alliance didn't drop out of T100, but rather never entered T100 in the first place, who wants to change it simply because his alliance keeps missing it?
    Darek wrote:
    Yes, but the 1* aren't playing for 300 hundreds days.
    If I'm interpreting that correctly, and if you've played for 300 days, and many in your alliance have played for 200+ days, then there's really no reason for you to feel "powerless" or compelled to spend a lot of money. I'm a F2P player with less than 300 days under my belt (including the week or so I spent doing nothing but Prologue), and I contribute solidly to my #12-ranked alliance. Most of my alliance started later than me, and some are F2P.

If you've been around for 300 days, then you were here when LRs gave out great 3* covers, when merely having 20 conscious human beings in an alliance was essentially good enough for T100, and when the 1*-2* and 2*-3* transitions weren't so jarringly different in duration.
    Darek wrote:
    So the point is i feel powerless to be good at this game without spending (lot of) money.
    If you were, say, a Day-120 player, I might sympathize with you. If you're a Day-300ish player, you are far from powerless, and money is hardly your primary obstacle. I'm on Day 291, have 10 L166s, and am F2P.
    Darek wrote:
    It is such as if a 100 m run was organised, and only those running under 10 seconds are qualified...I can train, i can fight, but i won't never get under 10 seconds...So, i have no other choice than giving up.
    Ummm, the "qualification" analogy is nonsensical. It's more like a marathon relay race where only the top 100 relay teams get new running shoes as a prize (which help you consistently run faster), while people who ran slower get a couple sweatbands and some Gatorade (which help you run faster by a tad).
    Mirwen wrote:
    Maybe as a member of a top alliance you aren't seeing the changes that are happening at the 75-125 range. I'm not complaining because I want to be in a top 100 alliance. I am the commander of what, until a couple of weeks ago was a top 100 alliance. We've been finishing 80-85 for many months now. However, something changed recently and despite having the same team members and improving our scores by over 10% over last season (we now average 731 per member per event over the season), we are suddenly shut out. All but one of our members reached the 7500 point season progression reward. If that isn't good enough to get any covers, what do they expect from a top alliance? It seems the standard has changed.
    I'm not arguing against that point, and I think it's sound. As the playerbase increases, as the alliance system matures, and especially as more and more players hit the 2*-3* transition, there's ever-greater competition for the T100 3* cover that accelerates that transition. In that light, T100 might need to be adjusted, since the proportion of players who are getting the alliance T100 rewards has likely shrunk.

What I'm mainly arguing against is the idea that the consistent domination of the top alliances implies something is "unfair," or that alliances should get competitive high-value rewards simply for playing, or that the T100 reward tier should be expanded because someone's alliance who's never made it in (unlike yours) just wants the bling.
  • I think the alliance reward system was pretty stupid even back when I benefited from the free covers for having 20 guys and just giving more handouts isn't going to solve the underlying problem so in this respect I don't think whether it's top 100 or top 200 or whatever even matters because whoever is #201 is going to tell you that this new top 200 system totally sucks while the guy at #200 is going to say this is a great change.

It should not be surprising that competition increases over time because the only way it'd decrease is if people are quitting the game en masse and that'd not bode well either.
  • There is something wrong with the ranking reward when you compare solo and alliance.
    Usually, you need 600+ points to reach top 100 solo.
    With an active alliance with 20 players who reach solo top 100 (20 * 600 points), it's not possible to reach alliance top 100. You need at least 750+ points per player. In solo, 750+ points is top 50 or top 25. So basically, in order to reach alliance top 100, you need 20 players who can reach solo top 25-50.

The alliance top 100 is out of range for most transitioning players who need 3 stars covers and the 3 stars covers are useless for top alliance who already have full covered characters but they score for competition, iso and 4 stars covers ( season top 100). It's not a good reward system.

There is a huge gap in the top 100-250 alliances. Giving the same alliance reward to all these players is quite unfair. It means that an alliance where each player scores 300 or 400+ (you can reach alliance top 100 with that) will have the same reward than an alliance where each player scores 600+ or even 700+.

With the free 20 slots alliances, it's time D3 modifies alliance reward range. I hope they will solve this problem for season 8.