Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    I need one yellow Colossus cover but I don't want to push for Top 5 in this event unless I have to. Lucky for me, we'll know the 1100 progression cover for Colossus PVP 12 hours before this one ends but in any other case I'd be taking a gamble.
    Hell yeah, Colossus yellow for Real Steel progression reward. Means I don't have to bother pushing for top 5 in this event since I only need one yellow cover.

I need his red and 1300 points probably won't be top 25 in my bracket. icon_e_sad.gificon_cry.gif

Congrats on your build though!!
    Our bracket is crazy wymtyme. I have 1015pts and I'm 23rd.

Lot's of big time players. I really need more red but I don't think I will get it. It has also been a killer with health packs having to shield hop and do a Heroic event. 1 bad cascade and BP needs a health pack in Heroic and that does not leave a lot of health packs for my Sentry. My X-force also needs 1 more black and 2 more green to be usefull so I am Sentry Hood the whole way.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yikes. When the heck did you guys join? There looks to be a battle for top 5 in my bracket but top ten is still barely over 900 points.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I joined on the first day and top 10 in my bracket is 766 points.
  • wymtime
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Yikes. When the heck did you guys join? There looks to be a battle for top 5 in my bracket but top ten is still barely over 900 points.

The wrong time!!

I am now at 1064 and in 22nd place icon_e_biggrin.gif top 25 might be in my future!!!!
  • wymtime
    Options
    so I have decided to add a signature to my posts that match my personality. They come from one of my favorite websites despair.com I will change these "motivational quotes" hidden in a spoiler so anyone who reads this, and enjoys sarcasim, will be able to check out my signature periodicly.

I hope you all enjoy my humor.
  • wym, if you haven't already, head on over to http://www.anti-joke.com. I think you might find that to your liking.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That could have gone better. Got to 600 points with eight and a half hours to go so figured I'd shield for 8 fight for thirty minutes and shield for the other 8 hours till the end what with the usual 5am end...

Realized quickly that everyone would be doing that and I just should have waited an hour to play it more sensibly but hey ho.

Came back and got spanked horribly, won one then lost two to unfortunate Call the Storms which wiped my meagre force of 166 Grey Widow 140 Psylocke and my boosted Thor along with all of my health packs. Some how also got a defensive win, but it was looking like I should just have paid for the 24 hour shield instead, even more so as I get hit for -45 from three attacks.

A single Health pack regens so I reup my Thor and go for a scary retaliation including a 166 Steve Rogers with some boosts and OBW+cStorm hoping I get a nice board.

And I get the most insane cascade I've ever seen. How insane?

redtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.png

All in a single row dropping from the top. Oh my yes.

Reshielded with 608 as everything else was a wall of death, so made a net gain of 8 points which after that I'm going to take as a win. Currently 31st so least that should be good for one cover and if I get crazy lucky, maybe two if I get some defensives.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    550 points. placed 85th. Walls of 166s and 270s. Highest character level in my roster; 120.
    Tanking; doesn't do a thing.

Great. That's the ... 6th event in a row now which is completely hosed thanks to the tiny-****-screwed-over-kitty MMR.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Managed to get my XForce green, but it doesn't look like I'll be getting top 5 unless my two alliancemates ahead of me stop for some reason.
  • wymtime
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    I need one yellow Colossus cover but I don't want to push for Top 5 in this event unless I have to. Lucky for me, we'll know the 1100 progression cover for Colossus PVP 12 hours before this one ends but in any other case I'd be taking a gamble.
    Hell yeah, Colossus yellow for Real Steel progression reward. Means I don't have to bother pushing for top 5 in this event since I only need one yellow cover.

I need his red and 1300 points probably won't be top 25 in my bracket. icon_e_sad.gificon_cry.gif

Congrats on your build though!!
    I am at 1259 ironsmudgie I don't think I will catch you. I am back to 21st place. 1 more hop for me to 1300 and I will hope for top 25
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Our bracket is crazy wymtyme. I have 1015pts and I'm 23rd.[/quote]
    I am at 1259 ironsmudgie I don't think I will catch you. I am back to 21st place. 1 more hop for me to 1300 and I will hope for top 25[/quote]
    I got my last xforce cover and I'm done. Not grinding this one anymore. I will settle with whatever place I end up.
  • wymtime
    Options
    I am at 1259 ironsmudgie I don't think I will catch you. I am back to 21st place. 1 more hop for me to 1300 and I will hope for top 25[/quote]
    I got my last xforce cover and I'm done. Not grinding this one anymore. I will settle with whatever place I end up.[/quote]
    That is a what I did. I went to shield and lost 80 points. I am out of top 25
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    In my bracket top10 are 1200+, #1 has 1700 point. so, it's not the worst bracket ever... but...
    With 600 point I'm barely top100.
    It's like all this started to happen for me after the last big update. Also for more than a week I haven't seen any 3* from token pulls, but I opened 70+ gray tokens, lots of gold and event tokens. That amount must have given at least ONE, but no. My alliance mates also noticed this decrease in draw rate.
    It's either me became extremely unlucky or our devs "fixed" something... they probably don't understand that people will just lose interest in such a mean game.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wolveroach's bracket has top 2 over 1700. There's Bowgentle at #7 with 1236, #10 is only 850, and all top 10 are shielded. With 532 WR is at #58. There's no-one in the nodes that his roster can beat. If he keeps top 100, that will definitely be a 24 hour shield well-spent.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've missed the last lots of 3* covers because I started too late and couldn't climb enough. Fine, messed up game design, but ok.

I really tried with this event and just hit 600 recently and just inside the top 100 and with a bit more effort was probably enough to keep me there, just. But getting pummelled back, losing enough points that I just can't climb back and all the enemy teams are now well well into the 166's now. I just can't.

Screw you... You really don't actually respond or care. Please remove your poisoned 2* Thor and 500ISO that you are about to deliver to my account, out of it.

I'm not sure why I waste my time.

I now remember why I moved away from PvP.

I am trying to earn a single 3* cover, really, one cover. It shouldn't take this many hours of my life away.

Move your 3* covers down to 150 for starters.

There is some feedback for you.

Sorry about my language anyone reading. Just really frustrating trying to do ok in this. Again.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1515...12th place. icon_e_sad.gif
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    TazFTW wrote:
    Just passed 500 and I went from 2* teams to 270 X-Forces, yay?

Timing is everything. I'm in the low 600s now and still seeing 2* and transition teams. Quit out of the game and get back in would be my advice.

Thank you! This worked and the 270s went away after skipping the 3 loaded nodes once each.

Too bad I didn't have much time to play so I only got to the mid-600s
  • 1174 grabbed me 12th. But, I did that without a shield, so I'm feeling pretty good about that at least.
    Top 6 at least was over 1300, and reckless was lurking close to 1800 up in 1st.

icon_colossus.png will grab a 4th yellowflag.png at 1100 in his pvp, and will pick up a final one at some point, but will get to go 3/4/5 for most of his pvp, and 4/4/5 after 1100. Outside of his last pvp, I've used him less than 5 times so it's not a real worry that I get him covered soon.
  • wymtime
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    I've missed the last lots of 3* covers because I started too late and couldn't climb enough. Fine, messed up game design, but ok.

I really tried with this event and just hit 600 recently and just inside the top 100 and with a bit more effort was probably enough to keep me there, just. But getting pummelled back, losing enough points that I just can't climb back and all the enemy teams are now well well into the 166's now. I just can't.

Screw you... You really don't actually respond or care. Please remove your poisoned 2* Thor and 500ISO that you are about to deliver to my account, out of it.

I'm not sure why I waste my time.

I now remember why I moved away from PvP.

I am trying to earn a single 3* cover, really, one cover. It shouldn't take this many hours of my life away.

Move your 3* covers down to 150 for starters.

There is some feedback for you.

Sorry about my language anyone reading. Just really frustrating trying to do ok in this. Again.
    If it makes you feel better I hit over 1200 points for 1 colossus cover. I spent 300 HP with shield hopping got my X-force and got stomped down back to low 1200's. Top 25 was almost 1400 in my Bracket. Sometimes you just have to roll with the bracket you are given. I remember being in the same place you are now about 4 months ago. I had to hit top 50 for 1 cover and I was not in a top 100 alliance. My advice is don't give up on PVP, but be creative. Set goals like getting to 700 points. Then try a shield hop to get to 800. Once you are hitting 800 points you are maxing out your HP and if you get a good bracket can get some top 25's. When you transition it is the most frustrating part of the game.
    Good luck yogi, I will be rooting for you to get to 3* land.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Finished 47th after all that. Man, is pvp getting super nasty recently.