petition for alliance slot refund

Coppertouret
Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
ok everybody, I, among others are a little distraught at the recent decision to upgrade all alliances to 20 people after many people like me have bought all or most of their upgraded alliance slots with cash. I sent in my ticket to the customer service for a refund, and the reply I received was "since the alliance was upgraded for an extended amount of time, the rewards outweighed the costs." Well I'm here to tell you that they in fact, did not. my alliance has finished in the top 100 only a few times (single digits), and I purchased every slot except for one for a total of 18,200hp. if alliances have been in effect for 8 months (32 weeks or so), there have been 6 full seasons, one anniversary, about 32 pves, and 96 pvps.
top 250 alliance yields:
season - 25hp
pve and pvp - 50hp.
total all that up for about 6575hp
I feel like the iso rewards are negligible because of the amount spent in leveling featured characters, skipping for good fights, and boosts typically outweigh the reward. even the recruit tokens received for seasonal and some event alliance rewards are negligible because of the incredibly low draw rates and accessibility to the same covers gained through regular battling or iso town draws.
I have, in no way, been compensated for the cash I spent upgrading my alliance. this is some very greedy tinykitty tinykitty tinykitty.

if you feel the same, I urge you to comment or like or whatever this post to gain the attention it deserves from the devs and demand our compensation. I'd take a single tinykitty bagman cover over the absolutely nothing they offered me in compensation (although I'd prefer the 12k hp I'm still short on being "outweighed" by the rewards). it is absolutely demeaning.

Coppertouret

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I think everybody feels the way you do. If it's too much work to refund them to players individually, at least they could put the amount of HP spent in some sort of "Alliance currency" pool that is used to purchase future Alliance improvements.

Think about it, I'm sure that they could figure out ways to further monetize alliances like nameplate customization, banners, etc. And earning "Alliance currency" would be a good way to add a little bit of ranking within the alliance, say you earn 10 "alliance points" for a 1st place win, 5 for top 5, 4 for top 10, etc; that way you could see who in the alliance has contributed the most, and they could offer some small rewards for alliance members with high averages (even if the alliance doesn't have a full 20 active members.) Turning HP previously spent into Alliance Points would give older, established alliances a ranking advantage over others on the persistent high score list.

Everyone who had to pay for spots in my alliance is upset about the no refunds policy. Maybe it will eventually be water under the bridge but let's just say I would've been pretty happy to find a couple slots worth of HP to appear in my wallet this morning (Probably would have bought a Blade 10-pack hoping to pull one...) Instead it's just a downer.
  • Teddybabes
    Teddybabes Posts: 66 Match Maker
    My clan has two season awards. And I spent 100$ for ALL the slots.

I feel for you that lost a couple of thousands in HP worth, but I can tell you to loose 20k hp and get nothing back in this short timespan makes me feel violated, robbed and gutted.
  • You also are not taking into account the progression rewards that give HP. Not to mention all those covers too.
  • Teddybabes
    You also are not taking into account the progression rewards that give HP. Not to mention all those covers too.

Yes, but I am realistic about it. Also as a commander I spent a hell of a lot more on my roster than I would have done otherwise. I am up to over $300 total, that could have been spended on 5 PS4 games, that keep it's value. If I had known I was going to be robbed, I would not have given a dime and kept it free to play. The loss of joy to be a commander now and the time wasted is something YOU need to take into account.
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    You also are not taking into account the progression rewards that give HP. Not to mention all those covers too.
    progression rewards? those were not gained extra by having an alliance. that is a personal reward, sir. I would have gotten those regardless of my alliance status. and covers? We received maybe 7 total top 100 cover rewards over that span. that hardly covers any costs.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    I would like to see everyone who bought any alliance slot for HP compensated with a full HP refund, or I like the idea of a free roster slot for every alliance slot purchased.

I know they claim in their response, more benefit was already earned by having bought alliance slots, and while that may be true for the top 100/250 alliances the 5 slots I had bought taking an alliance from 5-10 returned no significant ROI. I left that alliance when I realized that to bring it from 10-20 was going to cost quite a lot more, and not being able to compete for top 100 was never going to offer the ROI.

I know some may think refunding the top 100 alliance commanders their HP as well after all they gain unfair to the lesser alliances (because of the rewards the top 100 already earned), but I'd rather everyone get the HP back than no one.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the best way is Not a 1 alliance slot purchased gets you 1 free roster slot. A 1:1 ratio is a bit much. But 1 roster slot for every 3 alliance slots is far more reasonable. Especially because it costs them nothing other than 2 seconds to push a button. Something like this;

1 - 3 .....alliance slot purchases gets you 1 free roster slot(r.s)
    4 - 6 ......gets you 2 free r.s
    7 - 9 .....gets you 3 free r.s
    10 - 12 .....gets you 4 free r.s
    13 - 15 .....gets you 5 free r.s

This, IMO, is the best thing they could do to handle this. Because I, and a few others, actually took time to add it all up. Best case scenario, I will have gotten Nick Fury's yellow, (my team became active in season 3) a bit sooner than non alliance players. But they got him eventually, so that only let me have early. As to everything else; I will have received, (again, best case scenario of top 50 - 100 placement for every event, will have gotten around 2,500 Hp. That's it. That is the "substantial rewards I have reaped".

I spent 20,100 Hp on my alliance, ( I actually started the alliance when the first 5 slots costed 600Hp, before it was changed to something like 2,500 iso, I just let it sit at 5 slots for a long time), and only have 2,500 to show for it. NO !!! Not going to happen. I am a nice guy, so I'm going to give D3/Demiurge a bit more time to fix this before I take legal action. If a huge company like Amazon can be made to repay it's customers that it screwed over, then the tiny little company that makes MPQ does not stand a chance in hell.

And before everyone starts all that "you dont have a case ****", this is America. One of the most screwed up justice systems in the world. Here, one person can sue another for anything. Over the past 15 to 20 years, it seems like the more stupid your complaint is, the more money you can get. Things like that are the worst part of my job. I bust my @ss to get evidence, track down, and arrest some crook just so they they can walk away scott free the next day on some lame **** technicality.

Well now it's my turn to use this crooked, messed up system to my advantage. I have sent tickets to CS. I'm going to see how that plays out first. Then, if I can't get anywhere with that I'll go to Google. After that, I will have no choice but go to a lawyer.

This is not like the C Mags nerf. With that, they took away something that I had invested time/money into, but, they gave me something else in return. Here, this time, they are just taking. I will not stand for this.
  • Teddybabes
    I am also waiting on my secont ticket now. Then I will try google play and arn.se

American laws don't apply here. They can be blacklisted in Sweden. When that happens, media gets the info and **** goes viral.
  • I emailed Marvel and i have quit Mpq icon_e_smile.gif done done.
    They emailed me the same template response three times icon_e_sad.gif
  • I agree they should give 1 free roster slot for each alliance slot brought. Roster slots are cheaper to buy than alliance slots

With alliance slots it started at 600hp and increased by 100 hp for each slot purchased and so for slot no 7 it was 700hp slot 8 = 800hp

I've got 57 roster slots at the moment and my next one cost 750hp still equates far less than an alliance slot so it's not a 1:1 ratio in price
  • I would like to see this as well. I spent a lot of money to get my alliance to the full 20 slots. It seems unfair that anyone can just have a 20 person alliance for nothing. I would like to see them give us back the hero points that were used to unlock our alliances.
  • A full refund of all the HP spent on roster slots is absolutely warranted. It isn't just the top 100 alliances who spent HP on slots. The argument that commanders got their investment back through alliance rewards doesn't carry a lot of weight for commanders in casual alliances who weren't raking in the covers and HP.

So far D3's response hasn't done anything to address that "we got screwed" feeling - right or wrong, justified or not, that's the type of feeling that tends to drive players away from a game.

-GK